Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tower Defense game?

Posted by Azza123 
Tower Defense game?
October 20, 2008 01:58AM
Hey! I recently noticed that there isn't one Tower Defense game for Wii homebrew. If you don't know what a Tower Defense game is then read up!

Tower Defense games normally have a path, on that path waves of enemies will go through. On the outside of that path, you build towers varying is size, attack and so forth. The objective is to not let anyone get through the path alive.

Bloons Tower Defense - Playing Example
Re: Tower Defense game?
October 20, 2008 02:37AM
I think they have something like that on Wii Ware called Defend Your Castle. They also have that same game on the Xgen website, acccessable internet channel. So, there's really no point in that yet.
October 21, 2008 08:26AM
strongfan
I think they have something like that on Wii Ware called Defend Your Castle. They also have that same game on the Xgen website, acccessable internet channel. So, there's really no point in that yet.

Defend Your Castle is much different...

And in reply to th second part, that's a stupid reply. Honestly. That's like saying there's basically no point in having Snake, BrickBreaker, Tetris etc. as a homebrew application. As far as I know, they can all be found on the internet channel.
October 26, 2008 10:09AM
Azza123
Hey! I recently noticed that there isn't one Tower Defense game for Wii homebrew. If you don't know what a Tower Defense game is then read up!

Tower Defense games normally have a path, on that path waves of enemies will go through. On the outside of that path, you build towers varying is size, attack and so forth. The objective is to not let anyone get through the path alive.

Bloons Tower Defense - Playing Example

Oh god, not that game...

My friends play it on the school compys 24/7 and it SUCKS! Defend Your Castle is MUCH better.
October 26, 2008 01:48PM
Azza123
strongfan

Defend Your Castle is much different...

And in reply to th second part, that's a stupid reply. Honestly. That's like saying there's basically no point in having Snake, BrickBreaker, Tetris etc. as a homebrew application. As far as I know, they can all be found on the internet channel.

Well Tetris and snake are needed because it requires left/right button presses which don't work for flash on the internet channel and stuff usually looks and plays better being ported to the wii as opposed to the internet channel but there are still some flash games that don't necessarily need porting since you can't really make a game for everything.
December 08, 2009 07:55AM
Hi everybody,

On this moment i am developing a TowerDefense like game for the Wii Homebrew scene. So please checkout my website for more information.

[www.plaatsoft.nl]

Best Regard,

wplaat
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login