Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

a little help with Savegame Manager

Posted by orange 
a little help with Savegame Manager
August 07, 2009 03:41AM
i've been trying to get savegame manager to copy a save i have on my SD card to my wii console. there's not too much info on the wiki page so i thought i'd ask here..

does the savefile on the SD card have to be in a specific directory? i've left the one i need in with other ones put on the card by my wii, and when i go to install it from the manager i don't get any savefiles listed.

my savefile is a data.bin for the japanese version of smash bros... i noticed the wiki page says

wiki
This application allows you to extract/install savegames on your Wii. (data.bin files not supported).

but what kind of savefiles are there other than a data.bin one?

sorry if i sound like too much of a noob, but i'll appreciate the help :)
Re: a little help with Savegame Manager
August 07, 2009 03:55AM
the data.bin files are a container for all the little parts (files and metadata) that are stored in the game's savegame folder.
it is also encrypted and signed.

Savegame manager extracts the (raw) files.
You will get a directory structure, that is identical to the one on the wii.
August 07, 2009 04:38AM
does this mean i have to modify the .bin file somehow?

also i tried extracting/installing with the separate respective utilities (the ones used before they were merged as Savegame Manager), with no luck; i just got an error.

the issue may be that its a game from a different region than that of my console, but i havent read anywhere as to whether this should matter or not.
August 07, 2009 08:08AM
Savegame Manager does not work with .bin saves. Period.
How did you copy the save to the SD card in the first place?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login