Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gecko OS 1.9.2 cIOS

Posted by gameboy13 
Gecko OS 1.9.2 cIOS
August 09, 2009 08:47PM
Which cIOS does Gecko OS 1.9.2 use to load channels and Wiiware? I want to know if cIOS36 installed as cIOS249 with cIOS Patchmii Installer will enable Gecko OS to launch channels. I'm on System Menu 4.1. This was originally posted at the Wiird Forums, but no one would answer me.
Re: Gecko OS 1.9.2 cIOS
August 09, 2009 11:06PM
GeckoOS doesn't use any cIOSs or IOSs to launch channels.
August 10, 2009 04:42AM
quote from [wiibrew.org]

Changelog
Gecko 1.9.2

* If necessary, cIOS will be used for channel loading

Version 1.92 displays the IOS it is using on startup. CIOS 249 allows for rebooting with hooks. Which is needed to apply cheats to wiiware/vc, and was disabled with system menus after 3.2

Wiipower asked this same question on the WiiRd forum but brkirch hasn't answered yet. I think it is good that someone found a use for waninkokos work that isn't related to piracy, but many people will still be reluctant to use it.
August 10, 2009 02:53PM
I tried using the Tona's Patchmii installer, but near the end of it, it froze when it was installing it. (I think)
August 10, 2009 06:44PM
You can check out Wiipower's Trucha Bug Restorer. I know it can patch IOS36 but I'm not sure if it will let you install as IOS249.
August 10, 2009 09:09PM
If the trucha bug is restored in IOS36, you don't need a cIOS to use channel loading. And I'm not sure if Trucha Bug Restorer is supported here, as CMDVDX34 isn't and it does the same thing.
August 11, 2009 02:45PM
I would use Dop-IOS to restore the trucha bug in IOS36, but it requires a trucha bugged IOS249.
August 12, 2009 10:00PM
The PatchMii Installer failed because you don't have any trucha vulnerable IOSes. The only way to get these on your firmware are through unsupported methods.
August 12, 2009 10:34PM
MattMan
The PatchMii Installer failed because you don't have any trucha vulnerable IOSes. The only way to get these on your firmware are through unsupported methods.
Ok, I see.

Edit: Does Trucha Bug Restorer require the installation of WADs? Because I REALLY don't want to try that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2009 10:36PM by gameboy13.
August 12, 2009 11:20PM
Trucher Bug Restorer does not install WADs or require them in any way. However, I'm not really sure how it DOES work, so for all I know, it could be dodgy, and I dunno if its supported here.
August 13, 2009 11:20AM
gameboy13
Does Trucha Bug Restorer require the installation of WADs? Because I REALLY don't want to try that.
No wad needed to use TBR.
You can find a video on youtube that shows the process (search "How To use Trucha Bug Restorer") ...
August 13, 2009 02:48PM
superbob
gameboy13
Does Trucha Bug Restorer require the installation of WADs? Because I REALLY don't want to try that.
No wad needed to use TBR.
You can find a video on youtube that shows the process (search "How To use Trucha Bug Restorer") ...
I watched the video, now I need to know if restoring the trucha bug on IOS60 will allow me to use apps requiring fakesigning.
August 13, 2009 04:56PM
Most apps use IOS 36
August 19, 2009 07:46PM
gameboy13
I watched the video, now I need to know if restoring the trucha bug on IOS60 will allow me to use apps requiring fakesigning.
Patch IOS60 will allow you to run custom wads from the SD card since it's the system menu ios, but I think this is not supported here except for HBC and I'm not even sure it is supported for HBC ...
If you want to run hombrew that need fakesigning, as TopGun96 says, patch IOS36 since almost every homebrew that need fakesigning use this IOS.
ES_Identify patch may be also needed to if you use ATD.
August 19, 2009 07:55PM
Patching IOS60 for loading HBC from SD Menu is supported here, provided you do it legally.

For example, you could run CMDVDX34 or TBR, and either downgrade IOS35, or downgrade IOS15, use it to patch IOS36, then restore IOS15 (depending on which program you use), then use the dop-IOS MOD running on either IOS35 or IOS36, depending which now has trucha bug, to install IOS60 with trucha bug. And afaik, that's supported here. And while you're at it you can patch any other IOS you want in dop-IOS MOD as well.
August 19, 2009 09:08PM
SifJar
Patching IOS60 for loading HBC from SD Menu is supported here, provided you do it legally.

For example, you could run CMDVDX34 or TBR, and either downgrade IOS35, or downgrade IOS15, use it to patch IOS36, then restore IOS15 (depending on which program you use), then use the dop-IOS MOD running on either IOS35 or IOS36, depending which now has trucha bug, to install IOS60 with trucha bug. And afaik, that's supported here. And while you're at it you can patch any other IOS you want in dop-IOS MOD as well.
Concerning what is supported or not, I was thinking of the "run custom wads from the SD" statement more than the fact of patching the IOS.
But as I was not clear, your explanation was usefull.
August 19, 2009 11:06PM
You said "and I'm not even sure its supported for HBC" and I was commenting on that statement.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login