Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trouble With DVDX

Posted by SexyLegs 
Trouble With DVDX
October 28, 2008 01:14AM
Sadly, i did not know about homebrew until after i installed the new update on the 23rd.
And i have installed the new beta 9 version using the twilight hack (went smoothly)
This is probably the reason why DVDX will not install on my wii.

Error -2011 installing DVD Stub ticket
Error -2011 installing stub

I am positive it is due to the update, but just wanted to make sure
Also hoping for a new version of this to be out for public
Re: Trouble With DVDX
November 04, 2008 07:39PM
I as you did found out too late (After the Update) from what I read it is due to the update...
I am guessing it is being worked on... I was psyched to find this community and glad there is a thriving Home brew for the WII. Now I just need to get off my ass and try to contribute..
November 11, 2008 06:31PM
Is DVDX still broken with the Oct 23rd update?

I have those updates so I'm curious if I will be able to use DVDX if I install the Hombrew Channel.

Thanks.
November 11, 2008 09:12PM
if you have the oct 23rd update you will not be able to use DVDx at least not untill they release a new version
November 11, 2008 10:49PM
Just what I needed to know.
Thanks.
November 12, 2008 05:45AM
If you already installed DVDx it should still work though, right?
November 12, 2008 09:58AM
Yep, the 23Oct doesn't affect DVDX itself, only the installer.
November 20, 2008 03:20PM
Will there be a fix for installing DVDX if you have the Oct 23rd update considering all that's happend since with the System Menu 3.4 udpate?
November 20, 2008 03:38PM
Check Hackmii blog. DVDX it's not a priority now. Although if you have only the 23Oct update, you can downgrade your Wii to make the installation possible (which it's not really recommended)
November 20, 2008 05:03PM
Hmm.
Downgrading is too scary for me.
Thanks for the blog. There is a lot of interesting reading there.

It looks like I might be stuck for a while...
November 20, 2008 09:15PM
I don't see how DVDx isn't a big important issue. Isn't it necessary for all apps (like emulators) to read from the DVDs?
November 20, 2008 09:49PM
DrLucky
I don't see how DVDx isn't a big important issue. Isn't it necessary for all apps (like emulators) to read from the DVDs?
You are right, it's certainly not very important. Most people have a DVD player that does that job better.
I was interested mainlly in anticipation of when they get that PS1 emulator up and running, although you could still have a few games on and SD card.

Those automatic updates without notification represent the biggest problem form my stand point.
November 21, 2008 03:16AM
DrLucky

Yeah... But hey, the emulators don't refuse to run just because DVDX it's not there. Think it as a plugin, used by the applications. It's optional. Personally, I don't use most apps DVD features, although I have the stub installed (wanted to see some DVD movies).

TheManuel
I was interested mainlly in anticipation of when they get that PS1 emulator up and running, although you could still have a few games on and SD card.

If you are thinking of running your old original PS1 CD on Wii, sorry. The Wii drive it's not able to read this kind of disc (although will be probably possible to burn a PS1 ISO on a blank DVD, I guess)
November 21, 2008 03:56AM
DanielHueho
DrLucky

Yeah... But hey, the emulators don't refuse to run just because DVDX it's not there. Think it as a plugin, used by the applications. It's optional. Personally, I don't use most apps DVD features, although I have the stub installed (wanted to see some DVD movies).

TheManuel

If you are thinking of running your old original PS1 CD on Wii, sorry. The Wii drive it's not able to read this kind of disc (although will be probably possible to burn a PS1 ISO on a blank DVD, I guess)

I use the DVDs all of the time for my emulators...ALL my rom collections are on there...

Someone aught to start working on an app that will allow for making multi playstation games to be burnt onto 1 DVD...
Unless there is one already...
November 21, 2008 04:05AM
DanielHueho

No I was thinking of storing the images on blank DVD's as image files in the same way they would be stored on an SD card.
The advantage is that DVD's are inexpensives and hold at least 7 PS1 games...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login