Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Homebrew Launcher - Need a Clearer Explanation

Posted by ICEing 
Wii Homebrew Launcher - Need a Clearer Explanation
August 22, 2009 09:52PM
The title of my topic says it all. I just need a clear explanation as to what the Wii Homebrew Launcher is. Is it just a custom homebrew channel? What does it do?
Re: Wii Homebrew Launcher - Need a Clearer Explanation
August 22, 2009 09:54PM
I believe what you are talking about let's you run homebrew that is on a DVD
August 22, 2009 09:59PM
TopGun96
I believe what you are talking about let's you run homebrew that is on a DVD

Nah it's this : http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Homebrew_Launcher It also seems extremely hard and complex to download
August 22, 2009 10:05PM
Hmmmmm... Looks interesting. To me it looks like a HBC alternative that emulates the system menu bit instead of channels it is your homebrew
August 22, 2009 10:14PM
TopGun96
Hmmmmm... Looks interesting. To me it looks like a HBC alternative that emulates the system menu bit instead of channels it is your homebrew

Yeah thats what intrested me. It looks really neat thats why I was asking. It takes a lot to download correctly it seems, but from some of the snapshots, it seems something more than simply changing the look of the HBC to the system menu
August 22, 2009 11:27PM
It doesn't change the look of the HBC, it is it's own program that launches homebrew (almost like loadmii)
August 22, 2009 11:31PM
Basically you can just run the .dol from HBC and it'll load HBC apps from a System Menu-esque interface. Its not that hard really. But it isnt a channel. You will need to launch HBC first, then launch it, then launch your homebrew. You may as well just launch your homebrew from HBC.
August 23, 2009 12:21AM
bg4545
It doesn't change the look of the HBC, it is it's own program that launches homebrew (almost like loadmii)

Oh I see. Is it useful?
August 23, 2009 12:48AM
I don't see why you'd want it if you've got the Homebrew Channel.. It was originally meant to be run from the Twilight Hack to launch homebrew without installing the HBC
August 23, 2009 03:04AM
Ahhh... So it's like loadmii with a GUI
August 23, 2009 03:29AM
Basically.. but I believe it came before LoadMii
August 24, 2009 05:41PM
You could install it in Preloader to launch whenever your Wii starts, if you wanted it to replace the Homebrew Channel.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login