Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why i love homebrew...

Posted by mdbrim 
Why i love homebrew...
August 25, 2009 10:21PM
See, this is what is so great about homebrew... people of all skill levels making cool little coding apps that interest them and then sharing it with the world...

Now some people might laugh at this little baby, but i think it is awesome! Someone thought of this, tried to code it, and probably learned a bunch in doing so... and i LOVE the description "Currently it only supports burritos"

Homebrew rules!
Re: Why i love homebrew...
August 25, 2009 10:53PM
I love that so much is open source, anyone can pick up someone else's work and improve it. And everyone is working for the good of everyone. And there arent many arguements (except the occasional pirates v homebrewers stuff). It just seems so perfect - people willingly giving up their time to help other people and to provide them with stuff.
August 25, 2009 10:55PM
That's why I dual-boot Vista and Linux Mint. And I run Mint most of the time.
August 25, 2009 11:02PM
I would run Linux, but most distros are huge downloads, and I have a pitiful download limit, which we go over most months and have to pay extra because of that. I do have a Puppy Linux Live CD lying around, but I could never get my WiFi working on it...Anyway, we're getting slightly off-topic I think =D
August 25, 2009 11:06PM
Wow!! that thing makes an amazing burrito! :P I too love the fact that most (99%) of it is open source.
August 25, 2009 11:14PM
I'd say its less than 99% to be honest. Maybe 90%. But still a good lot of it.
August 25, 2009 11:21PM
Grrrrr.... Whatever. :) That is still better than most other platforms...
August 27, 2009 06:22PM
@ SirJar

Request a free copy of Ubuntu today, and get it shipped to your home on CD completly free of charge including free postage.

Here is the link
[shipit.ubuntu.com]
August 27, 2009 06:33PM
Na, my parents would ask questions and probably get annoyed at me (dont ask me why). Anyway, I don't really have THAT much need for linux, although hopefully one day I'll install it. Maybe if I get a new laptop sometime I'll install it on the old one.
August 27, 2009 06:35PM
Mint is better. I reckon.
September 03, 2009 10:23AM
Much Respect to everyone involved with Homebrew!
September 10, 2009 12:35AM
mdbrim
See, this is what is so great about homebrew... people of all skill levels making cool little coding apps that interest them and then sharing it with the world...

Now some people might laugh at this little baby, but i think it is awesome! Someone thought of this, tried to code it, and probably learned a bunch in doing so... and i LOVE the description "Currently it only supports burritos"

Homebrew rules!
haha, yes, thats awesome!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login