Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WADManager not installing wads

Posted by redneon 
WADManager not installing wads
October 30, 2008 10:00AM
For some reason whenever I try and install any WADs using WADManager I'm getting the following error:

"Installing Ticket... ERROR! (ret = -2011)"

It's really strange because I never had trouble in the past. There's definitely plenty of space left on the internal memory too so I have no clue what it could be.

Any ideas?
Re: WADManager not installing wads
October 30, 2008 10:58AM
Which WADs might they be?

Regardless, I'll have a guess that you updated your Wii
October 30, 2008 04:43PM
Yeah, I did update my Wii...

I take it that's a bad thing =o)
October 30, 2008 07:57PM
If you don't have a previously installed cIOS, you can't use WAD Manager anymore. End of story.
October 30, 2008 08:12PM
Not that I would "know" or anything but "supposedly" there is a way that the WAD manager can be used successfully with the latest update. "Supposedly" a "lot" of people claim this method works. Sorry I can't tell you the method, you'll have to find it on your own. Also I'm 150% against piracy so it's probably a good thing the WAD manager no longer functions normally.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2008 08:13PM by Arikado.
October 30, 2008 08:24PM
Well, I suppose what I'm using the WAD Manager for is technically piracy. I'm injecting roms in the VC images so I can play games like Super Mario Kart and Super Mario All Stars.

I would like to stress, however, that were these games available on the VC already I most definitely would purchase them. Especially considering I currently have 15 purchased VC titles and 3 purchased WiiWare titles ;)

Also, I'm a games programmer who works in the industry so if I WERE pro-piracy, I'd only be shooting myself in the foot.
October 30, 2008 08:30PM
Assuming you updated your Wii with the latest official Wii patch, think we will see a work around this "WADManager block" sometime in the near future? Perhaps a WADManager 2.0?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2008 05:08AM by JEChilbert.
October 30, 2008 08:30PM
The people here are kind of paranoid with piracy... But anyway, like Arikado saids, find the solution by yourself. A hint: look for GBA...

Also, c'mon... You don't need to go saying "you are a game programmer". Most people will just think "liar" :P
October 30, 2008 08:43PM
People can think what they want :) If you want to believe I'm a liar then suit yourself. It's not as if we're a rare breed, however.

Besides, I don't think there's any way I could prove it without giving you my name and linking to some credits or whatever and I'm certainly not going to be doing that ;)
October 30, 2008 08:49PM
"Most people" doesn't include me. You don't need to give me your fingerprint :P
October 30, 2008 08:52PM
I was using the term "you" in the general sense. I didn't literally mean you :)
November 03, 2008 10:59AM
If you have problems with WAD Manager, you should probably ask elsewhere.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.