Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WiiSX rev. 57 - testing

Posted by DrLucky 
Re: WiiSX rev. 47 - testing
November 06, 2008 11:11PM
I would love to see you try 007 the world is not enough and castlevania chronicles.

EDIT:I would also live to see you try final fantasy tactics.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2008 11:13PM by Arikado.
November 07, 2008 12:29AM
Arikado
I would love to see you try 007 the world is not enough and castlevania chronicles.

EDIT:I would also live to see you try final fantasy tactics.

ok...I'll give em a try...

I could make a video... I have a video capture card. But, I can't seem to find the drivers I need for my video card to capture a video...
I have :
Winnov Videum AV PCI (with WAVI 97) capture card... and am running Windows XP 64 bit... If someone wants to help me find the drivers I need, then I can make a new video.
November 07, 2008 05:54AM

UPDATE Nov. 7th

Final Fantasy Chronicles (.img)
Logo screens appear, no opening sequence. Main screen freezes, no play what so ever.

Tail Concerto (.bin)
Fantastic! Game is fully playable! Opening sequence runs in regular time, game play is a little slow, movement is kind of like moonwalking, but best complete game play yet. No graphic clitches.

From the patter I have seen so far, .bin format games run MUCH better than any .img. Best so far is Tail Concerto. Followed by PacMan (weird graphic issues)
Me nor my friend had 007. I'll see if any of my other friends happen to have it... maybe I can find it used somewhere.
November 08, 2008 05:48AM

UPDATE Nov. 7 (update 2)

Crash Bandicoot Compilation (.bin) (requested)
Company Logo opening plays fine. Main screen did not react to controller input.

007 Tomorrow Never Dies (.bin) (requested)
Game freezes on opening loading screen. (sorry... all that wok finding the game, and nothing...)

Chocobo Racing (.bin)
Opening sequence works well. Can select racer and special power and track, but race either crashes or goes at a half a frame a second.

Bushido Blade (.img)
Game works entirely! No glitches or problems what so ever.. the battles are a little slow, but definitely playable. Since not all of the button commands are ported, not all of the button combo options are possible, but still playable.

Battle Arena Toshinden (.bin) (special request)
game didn't boot. Froze during start. sorry!

Driver (.bin)
Opening company logos are jumpy. Game freezes at "Checking MEMORY cards" screen. Makes sense though...

Tales of Phantasia (.bin)
Opening scene looks very nice. It probably has a nice music background, but sound doesn't work yet.
Game can not be played due to the fact that analog pad is not ported yet. No graphic glitches though.

Muppet Monster Adventure (.img)
Crashes during load... code dump.

Star Ocean The Second Story (.img)
Opening Logos and video very choppy and glitchy! Game play is slow (but it is a slow game) after exiting a battle, character no longer responds to controller.
November 13, 2008 05:29PM

UPDATE Nov. 13th

Cool Boarders 2 (.bin)
Game is playable. Due to the lack of all buttons being ported, tricks can not be performed. The graphics on this game are either really bad, or the emulator is glitchy.

Chronos Cross (.img)
The intro looks fantastic... Beginning play is fine, freezes after going into character options.

Ehrgiez (.bin)
Intro flawless again (seems this way with all Squaresoft intro's). All games, sub games, and mini games freeze at the loading screen.

Grandia (.bin)
Intro is a bit choppy. Game crashes to a code dump after intro.

Tony Hawk 3 (.img)
Game fails to boot. No code dump though...

Persona (.img)
Code dumps immediately after loading screen.

Parasite Eve (.bin)
Again, The intro works great (Squaresoft game). But code dumps after selecting "New Game"

Resident Evil Directors Cut Dual Shock Edition (.img)
No intro. Game freezes after the "This game has explicit violence and gore" screen.

If anyone has any requests of games you would like me to test, please let me know... I am just testing at random right now....
November 23, 2008 12:56AM
They're on r57 now. Are you planning on compiling and testing it?
November 23, 2008 02:37AM
Wow, r57? I missed that... Oh, well, personally I don't think is really worth testing: most of the changes are related to the sound plugin. That's good, of course, but probably there's no much performance improvement..., well, maybe there is...

Tested:Ace Combat 2 (ripped .bin, with no sound track)
First of all, the game boots! And doesn't freezes! And plays fine, around 25-15 FPS. The sound is also working fine, although this was a ripped copy... (still the in-game sound effects worked fine). Really promissing!

Anyone who wants this build, PM me (already compilling and uploading to internet).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2008 04:44AM by DanielHueho.
November 23, 2008 04:58AM
Arikado
They're on r57 now. Are you planning on compiling and testing it?

I sure will!
November 23, 2008 07:08AM
Providing crash screens would be very helpful.
Please mention:
Revision Number: Rxxx
Game:
Point in game that crashes:
What is supposed to happen at or just after that point:

example:
Revision Number: R57
Game: Driver 1
Point in game that crashes: Load screen just before in-game
What is supposed to happen at or just after that point: Load is supposed to complete and display some 3D.

This would help me track down an issue that has been occurring on many games (also to see what it's related to).
November 23, 2008 01:46PM
Well I just checked out latest svn and compiled it (r57). I had to tweak source code a bit to support wiimote, because I don't have GamuCube controller.

I tried FF 8 and it played very well. During FMVs the fps was around 35 and during normal gameplay fps was around 50-60. I didn't get to battle yet, because it was so annoying to move with only wiimote controls, so I'm going to tweak controls a bit more to support classic controller and try again. So far I haven't got any crash with my testing.
November 23, 2008 02:50PM
emukidid
Providing crash screens would be very helpful.
Please mention:
Revision Number: Rxxx
Game:
Point in game that crashes:
What is supposed to happen at or just after that point:

example:
Revision Number: R57
Game: Driver 1
Point in game that crashes: Load screen just before in-game
What is supposed to happen at or just after that point: Load is supposed to complete and display some 3D.

This would help me track down an issue that has been occurring on many games (also to see what it's related to).

Hello Emukidid,

Would videos of my tests be helpful? Or have I been documenting the tests well so far?
All of my previous tests have been on R.47 so far...
And, have there been any major changes for R. 57?
Lastly, should I re-try the games I have already listed with the new release or test new games?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2008 02:51PM by DrLucky.
November 23, 2008 03:23PM
DrLucky

Hello Emukidid,

Would videos of my tests be helpful? Or have I been documenting the tests well so far?
Lastly, should I re-try the games I have already listed with the new release or test new games?

R47 is the same in the area I'm concerned about, so testing with that is also fine. R57 just adds a sound plug-in.

A video would be helpful but even better would be screen shots of the exception so that I can read the text on the exception screen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2008 03:50PM by emukidid.
November 23, 2008 07:46PM
Emukidid,

I don't know whether you want to add this to your code, but here are the files I changed to add classic controller support. If you want to use it, you're free to do it.
Makefile_wii
GamecubeMain.c
textFileBrowser.c
PlugPAD.c
November 23, 2008 08:01PM
emukidid
DrLucky

Hello Emukidid,

R47 is the same in the area I'm concerned about, so testing with that is also fine. R57 just adds a sound plug-in.

A video would be helpful but even better would be screen shots of the exception so that I can read the text on the exception screen.

sound!?! Yeah! That'll be great... testing to no music was very empty...

I am trying to get my video card working on my 64bit computer... as I mentioned in an earlier post, If someone could help me find a driver, I can do videos and screen shots...
November 23, 2008 09:29PM
I tried Castlevania Symphony of the Night as a .bin on r57. The game's title screen reads push start button. But when I do on the player 1 gamecube controller, nothing happens. It doesn't appear to be registering the button press. Am I doing something wrong?
November 24, 2008 02:26AM
Arikado
I tried Castlevania Symphony of the Night as a .bin on r57. The game's title screen reads push start button. But when I do on the player 1 gamecube controller, nothing happens. It doesn't appear to be registering the button press. Am I doing something wrong?

Are you NTSC? It works fine for me (NTSC game on PAL).
November 24, 2008 04:54PM
I am NTSC. Both the game and Wii are NTSC. Only thing irregular is I'm using a wavebird wireless gamecube controller. I'll play with it for a bit. I'll also try a different iso when I have time later.
November 25, 2008 07:20AM
How's Final Fantasy VII holdin' up for you guys?
November 25, 2008 11:15AM
FF7 dies on the first battle. This is the issue which is spread across many games that we are trying to resolve.
November 25, 2008 03:25PM
the FF7 I tried won't get through the boot part of the emu...

I'll do some major testing tomorrow...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login