Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

getting FTP support to work on the wii.

Posted by DADDYD 
getting FTP support to work on the wii.
September 18, 2009 09:03AM
Im having a problem with the ftp support for mplayer ce.I edited the ftp config file with my ip address and put what file i wanted to share then i put the card back in wii opened up mplayer ce and went to ftp share 1 and i get nothing.My question is there something else im supposed to do that im not doing are my supposed to use ftp from cmd prompt.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2009 09:05AM by DADDYD.
Re: getting FTP support to work on the wii.
September 18, 2009 09:08AM
I also would like to know how to do that, i have no experience with ftp
September 18, 2009 03:59PM
Stupid question, perhaps - but do you actually have an FTP server running on your PC (or where ever this IP address is pointing to)?
September 19, 2009 12:31AM
I believe so.
September 19, 2009 04:29AM
does it have to be a server or a client whats the difference between these two
will filezilla work?
September 19, 2009 01:48PM
It must be a server. A server hosts the files, and a client allows you to log in and transfer files to and from the server.
September 20, 2009 03:57AM
so is the mplayer ce a client or a server and i need the opposite on my pc?

offtopic: so on my phone i have a ftp client i need a server on my pc?
September 20, 2009 01:36PM
MPlayer CE is the client, because the media is stored on the computer. So you need to set up a server on the computer. TBH, I never knew MPlayer CE could use FTP.
September 20, 2009 09:35PM
So then you don"t use cmd prompt to open up ftp? how do you go about setting up a server on the pc.
September 21, 2009 05:39PM
Try the FileZilla FTP Server.

[filezilla-project.org]
September 21, 2009 10:17PM
DADDYD
So then you don"t use cmd prompt to open up ftp? how do you go about setting up a server on the pc.

No windows would need a built in FTP server for that, and it doesnt have one. As said above, try filezilla.
October 19, 2009 07:07AM
i took a break on trying to get ftp to work for mplayer ce.I had time to mess with it recently and i used file zilla server shared the file and messed with the ftp config file tried my ip address then my wan ip i have a net gear router and still nothing gives an error has anyone got this to work yet.If so could you explain how you got it to work.thanks
October 19, 2009 04:30PM
Why don't you just use SMB (File Sharing)? It's built in on pretty much every operating system, and works great with MPlayer....
October 19, 2009 08:46PM
OK i dont no how i got it to work but somehow its working when i use smb share on mplayer ce but im using ftp filezilla server on pc either way i got it to work. it shares files perfect now i dont have to play movies thru usb or dvd anymore the picture comes out really good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2009 08:47PM by DADDYD.
February 26, 2010 12:25AM
Hello, to all..

I have been read and learn from the site, but sadly can still not get the connection nailed between my Wii Mplayer and my network hard drive..

I know I must be so close and doing something very very silly.. but aaaagggghhhhh...

I can access my wireless network harddrive from my pc's and kids laptop's using explorer and [192.xx.xx.xx] without any problems..

I have edited menu.conf more times than I have had dinners.....

Placed the following into the Load a file cmdlist.. It displays and when I select it it sort of work and then gives 'Exception (DSI) occured error and a screen of hex error addresses and then reloads possibly the best Wii channel the HomeBrew menu again.

192.xx.xx.xx];"/>

also tried

192.xx.xx.xx];"/>

have also tried it without the port address

Then tried it directly through the FTP

and at first got connection errors

then Blank screens

I am using v0.76

Please help and advise I would use the SMB but do not understand that either the drive is enabled for access via them both...

PLEASE PLEASE HELP
February 26, 2010 12:30AM
for some reason the posting did not display may have been down to the codeing symbols

Tried

name="Network Drive ..." ok="loadlist '[192.xx.xx.xx];"

and

name="Network Drive ..." ok="loadfile '[192.xx.xx.xx];"

these are within the lesser symbol ""

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2010 12:31AM by openm17558.
March 29, 2010 02:14AM
You don't need to hide your IP address, it's not secret, and furthermore those are your so called 'internal' IP addresses... that is, they're assigned by your router and only used locally on your LAN.
Anyway, and on a related note: Because of those IP addresses starting with 192, I'm assuming you're behind a router. It's no guarantee that this will sort out your problem, but if you can, disable NAT (Network Address Translation, IIRC) and see if that helps. Also if the router has a firewall, sometimes referred to as SPI (stateless packet inspection), shut that down for testing also.
Good luck. Setting up servers can be a right bitch sometimes, and even I the IT professional have issues with configurations sometimes :D
April 03, 2010 12:46AM
Thank you for your reply.. and advise.. I swapped thinking and changed to using the SMP...

I went back to basics and started again..

reset my file sharing on my PC and my sons Laptop, plus my network hard drive thats attached directly to the home hub..

Re edited the smb.conf file with the IP address..

Hey, the old addage Back to Basics.... Works...

SO a BIG thank you to all within Homebrew and all connect with them.... As I now have a wii that plays Videos, Pictures and Music, via WIFI of my PC's and network drive down via scart to my Video and then into my RF loop which pipes it around the house....

The best part is because the wi controllers are radio when controlling CE player can controll and select from another room...... without line of sight...

SO

THANK YOU to ALL...

David
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login