Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is it possible to run japan codes for VC games through Gecko OS on a US Wii?

Posted by ICEing 
Is it possible to run japan codes for VC games through Gecko OS on a US Wii?
September 21, 2009 07:23PM
Just wanted to know if I can run these codes HERE on Gecko OS even though my wii is US (It says these codes are for Japan)
Re: Is it possible to run japan codes for VC games through Gecko OS on a US Wii?
September 21, 2009 07:25PM
If the channel is Japanese, then you can use them. Otherwise, nope.
Re: Is it possible to run japan codes for VC games through Gecko OS on a US Wii?
September 21, 2009 08:46PM
metroid_maniac
If the channel is Japanese, then you can use them. Otherwise, nope.

Nah its US :( Theres no other way?
September 21, 2009 09:37PM
No, there isn't. You have to get the japanese game for the japanese codes to work. You can request a port of codes from NTSC-J to NTSC or PAL if you want to. Someone might do it for you.
September 22, 2009 03:35AM
The values are different in each game, even if it is the same game but in a different region. Therefore, Japanese codes will not work with a US game.

In short: no.
September 22, 2009 04:06AM
how can i get japanese channels to work on my us wii?
September 22, 2009 04:15AM
If you do, you have to delete your current US shop account.

And don't think you can backup your NAND, delete your shop account, switch to japanese, and then be able to switch back and forth. It doesn't work (I learned the hard way. :'()

The only good thing I got out of it all was SSB64!! W00t! :P
September 22, 2009 06:23AM
thats because the shop account is on nintendos servers or something like that right?
any way to install them and use the region free channels hack on startpatch?
September 22, 2009 06:44AM
Um, unless you pirate them, no. And I don't suggest pirating them.
September 22, 2009 02:26PM
I think he thought that the StartPatch hack would let him download games from other regions.... But that is not what that hack does.
September 22, 2009 06:57PM
Ah, I see why he thought that....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2009 06:58PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
September 22, 2009 10:20PM
no i didnt think that
Its a friend that wants to try out a japanese channel without changing his region and by using the region free hack
September 23, 2009 01:25AM
Again, the only way to do that is:

1.) Lose your current US shop account
2.) By methods not supported here.

AFAIK, there aren't any other ways. There used to be able to, but nintendo messed with things, so now you can't. :(
September 23, 2009 07:49PM
WaxyPumpkin72
If you do, you have to delete your current US shop account.

And don't think you can backup your NAND, delete your shop account, switch to japanese, and then be able to switch back and forth. It doesn't work (I learned the hard way. :'()

The only good thing I got out of it all was SSB64!! W00t! :P

Had an idea concerning this. Would it work if you:

*Made a NAND dump with NO account
*Made US account
*Made another NAND dump
*Restored first NAND dump (didnt delete account, its still on Ninty's servers)
*Made a Jap account
*Made NAND dump

Then restored the dump with the US shop channel, downloaded any games you wanted, made a dump, then switched to Japanese with the Jap dump, downloaded any games you want, then make a dump. Then when you want to play US game, restore the US dump, when you want to play Jap games restore the Jap dump. And always go back to the US one when you're done for playing disc games, so all you saves are in it.

Did you try this at all?
September 23, 2009 09:39PM
No, I didn't try it, but I doubt it would work....
September 23, 2009 10:01PM
September 23, 2009 10:57PM
Because its basically doing the same thing for nothing, because I just doubt that that will make any difference in what I did before....

Any way, I ended up having 3 unique NAND backups:

1.) Has a few NTSC wiiware/vc on the system menu, and it has no shop account
2.) Has a japanese bit trip beat and SSB64 with no shop account
3.) Has no VC or Wiiware with a US shop account

So I guess I'm good. :)
September 23, 2009 11:11PM
I honestly believe my way would work, because in it, the shop accounts arent deleted, so you'd still have both, and could simply load up the one you want, and be able to download games. I could be wrong, and I couldnt be bothered trying it, but I reckon I'm right.
September 24, 2009 03:29AM
Too complex I'll live without it ;) Thanks though
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login