Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hextwelve

Posted by cactusjack901 
Hextwelve
September 24, 2009 01:38AM
[wiibrew.org]

So, I need someone to clarify this for me, as I understand it, this program runs off Bootmii (but doesn't use MINI), and is just a groundwork for building upon Bootmii, in the sense that it can read input from a USB Keyboard (as it seems, that's all it can do at the moment), but will eventually be able to read input from things such as the Bluetooth module, and then this code can be used in future versions of Bootmii to allow say, Wiimote use in CeilingCat.

It seems, to me, that all this can do right now, is display what you type from your keyboard, on the screen, but is groundbreaking, in the sense that it runs off bootmii and can read keyboard input.

Sorry for being confusing, I'm not entirely sure how to describe my thoughts.
Re: Hextwelve
September 24, 2009 04:34AM
i dont even know how to install it
Any help?
September 24, 2009 07:11AM
Download demo0.elf and run it through the SD Card menu in Bootmii I guess, I'll tell you in a few

EDIT: Nope, didn't work through the SD Card Menu in Bootmii or replacing PPCBoot.elf I think you need a USBGecko to get it working =( I guess he never tried since he just used a USBGecko to upload it directly

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2009 07:19AM by cactusjack901.
September 24, 2009 08:12AM
how about renaming demo0.elf to PPCBoot.elf?
September 24, 2009 10:12AM
yeah, tried it, no go
September 24, 2009 10:32AM
so it has to be trough usb gecko?
September 25, 2009 12:56AM
that's my guess. I think the dev didn't test loading it any other way, since he has a USBGecko... I would still like a clearer description of what it does/means though
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login