Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Snes9x GX - Recovering save data

Posted by yajirobe 
Snes9x GX - Recovering save data
September 29, 2009 04:21PM
Hey all,

I've been playing earthbound and there was an update to version 4.2 on the wii that I (like an idiot) ran. I now can't use bannerbomb for the time being (which is fine) but I can't play my emulated game due to it, I just want to play to the end of earthbound. Is there a way to use the snes9x gx save data on snes9x? I can't seem to get it to load. I didn't save an image, I had been just blindly saving it like an snes game with no backup of anything. What file does it save that information to if you dont make a save image? I'm i just out of luck, or does it save to a different file?

It has to save somewhere, because I was saving and loading it freely on snes9x gx every day before this.

Thanks so much.
Re: Snes9x GX - Recovering save data
September 29, 2009 10:31PM
Snes9x GX saves work on Snes9x on PC. The snapshots might not, though,
Re: Snes9x GX - Recovering save data
September 30, 2009 01:08AM
Cool.. Thanks.

I finally got it to work with snes9x by taking the rom (the .smc file), putting it in the rom location, setting a freeze location (or what i assume is another name for a save location), and started the game, waiting for an .srm file to be created automatically from general gameplay.

After that I quit the game and replaced the newly created "blank" srm file with my pre-existing one with all my data with the exact same filename.. BAM it worked..

Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2009 01:10AM by yajirobe.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login