Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Getting save states for FCE Ultra from other NES emulators?

Posted by Jadis 
Getting save states for FCE Ultra from other NES emulators?
October 23, 2009 06:29AM
Hello everyone,

I have been playing lots of NES games on my android-based phone using the mobile NES emulator, Nesoid. It has worked great, but I am trying to figure out if it is possible to put the save states from that emulator (.ss1, .ss2, etc..) into FCE Ultra GX for wiibrew? Does anyone have any information on exporting/importing save states? Perhaps I should try emailing the authors of FCE Ultra GX and Nesoid?

I did some data-gathering and found that FCE Ultra GX saves save states as follows
-A rom, "mario.nes" would have a save state of "mario 1.ncs"
-Nesoid has save states such as mario.ss1, mario.ss2, etc..

I tried simply renaming mario.ss1 to mario 1.ncs, and it loaded in the correct area, but it was definitely not right. IE sprites, x/y locations weren't where they should be, and it was frozen up.

Thanks for any help. I spent about 2 hours tonight learning how to and then setting up a quick way for me to transfer files between the Wii and my phone using an FTP server. You can imagine my heart dropping when I ran into this problem (transferring save states was the reason for doing the FTP stuff).
Re: Getting save states for FCE Ultra from other NES emulators?
October 23, 2009 06:40AM
Sorry to possibly to answer my own post, and please please please correct me if I'm wrong. But after some more googling, I finally found a post on another forum that said transferring save states between emulators won't work, but transferring battery saves will. Unfortunately, Nesoid doesn't currently support battery saves (I know, right? Wtf?). But I emailed the author suggesting it and explaining how awesome it would be.

Hopefully this info will help some other souls.
Re: Getting save states for FCE Ultra from other NES emulators?
October 23, 2009 05:17PM
Well that sucks.

Check if that "Nesoid" is a port of a PC-based emulator.
Then check if the save state files are compatible between the two.
Then run the PC emulator and load each save state so that you generate a battery save (if the PC emulator supports it).
Then use these battery saves in FCE GX or any other emulator.

It's worth looking into it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login