Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

how do i save/load with Genesis Plus

Posted by lizard81288 
how do i save/load with Genesis Plus
November 24, 2008 02:57AM
i was playing mega man- the willy wars and i beat a boss, saved and quite. when i went to continue my file its just new game only, the same with Phantasy Star. but the save states save and load fine, but how do i save/load in game?
Re: how do i save/load with Genesis Plus
November 24, 2008 09:10AM
How exactly did you save? If you selected a save option through the game, you would then need to go to the Genesis Plus menu, and save the SRAM of that file. If you didn't save the SRAM, then the data is lost when you load a new game from the emulator. If you saved the SRAM, you first need to load the game, go to 'File Management', load the SRAM, and then select 'Play Game'.
November 24, 2008 04:11PM
well, like for Phantasy Star i would press start, go to save, save on file 1, and then quite, but when i go back to play it, it say new game only.
November 25, 2008 12:14AM
Yeah, when you save it through the game like that, you then need to go to the Genesis Plus menu, and save the SRAM of the game. Next time you want to play that game, load it, and then load the SRAM of the game. When you start the game through the emulator, you should then see your save file.
November 26, 2008 02:49AM
ok, thanks it works now, a tad queer, most emus don't do that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login