Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FCE Ultra GX Bug

Posted by wildgoosespeeder 
FCE Ultra GX Bug
December 06, 2009 07:32AM
A few months ago I found a bunch of Sachen and other pirate cart ROMs and they simply don't run. Don't worry I won't link to them. I used GoodNES to verify them and they check out verified good dumps. I'm assuming the mappers are not supported yet. Is there any way to submit a bug to Tantric about this?
Re: FCE Ultra GX Bug
December 06, 2009 08:08AM
Bugs like this that are to do with the emulator (FCEUX) itself should be reported to the FCEUX team - www.fceux.com
December 06, 2009 10:04PM
Oh, good. I can PM you. Where I got these ROMs from also has the FCE Ultra modified from the original FCE Ultra to run these Sachen and other pirate cart ROMs.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2009 10:06PM by wildgoosespeeder.
December 07, 2009 02:43AM
CaH4e3 is a member of the FCEUX team. When he or anyone else posts updates, I port those updates. Nothing else really to say on the matter.
December 08, 2009 01:28AM
What mappers are supported for each FCE Ultra?

-FCEUX (Official 2.1.2)
-FCE Ultra GX (Wii port)
-FCEUX (CaH4e3 Mod)
December 08, 2009 01:49AM
FCE Ultra GX is a direct port of FCEUX and so supports everything it does. FCEUX the merged efforts of a bunch of side projects, including CaH4e3's. You would have to check that project's documentation and/or source code, or ask on their forums. But generally speaking that project (and the Wii port) will have the most and latest mapper support.
December 08, 2009 11:47PM
OK, did a few tests with FCEUX and FCE Ultra GX and the Sachen ROMs work with FCEUX but not FCE Ultra GX. FCE Ultra GX keeps giving me error messages.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2009 11:49PM by wildgoosespeeder.
December 10, 2009 07:41AM
Please post a report on the FCE Ultra GX site [code.google.com] with a specific game that doesn't work, but does work on FCEUX 2.1.2

I'll have a look at it.
December 12, 2009 07:20AM
I just posted the error where you told me to submit it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login