Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FDS BIOS help. (fceugx)

Posted by tirkaro 
FDS BIOS help. (fceugx)
December 13, 2009 10:13PM
See, I'm trying to make the FDS BIOS work on fceugx, but it always keeps on telling me my FDS BIOS is invalid.
I've renamed it disksys.rom, and placed in in root/fcegx, but it keeps on telling me my file is invalid.

See, I think the problem lies with the fact that it's 41kb, while the wiki tells me it should be 8kb. Yet I can't find an 8kb FDS BIOS anywhere, no matter where I look. Every one of them is 41kb.

So is there just some magical way to reduce it to 8kb, or is the mystical 8kb FDS BIOS just eluding me somewhere?
Re: FDS BIOS help. (fceugx)
December 14, 2009 01:05AM
There is no way to reduce the size of the BIOS. You'll always get the error if you dont get the correct one. Actually the wiki gives you a few clues you can use to find it slightly easier. File name, and file size. I cant really much more about it, as no members should help find it directly since it's copyrighted code of nintendo.
December 14, 2009 02:39AM
Okay, after scouring the internet a bit more, I managed to find the correct file.

But now that I start it up, it keeps on giving me Disk Trouble Err. 22.
I'd hate to be a bother, but I can't figure this out. I've tried just about every Nazo no Murasamejou ROM I could find, and it still keeps giving me Err. 22. halp.

E: Okay, what the hell? The very same rom works perfectly fine on the PC fceux, but not on the Wii one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2009 02:50AM by tirkaro.
December 14, 2009 05:14AM
Dont push the A button when a FDS game is loading as FCEU GX should be loading Side A first by default. Pushing A changes the side of the disk. The FDS games were on hard disks, and usually used both sides for the game data, which were represented as Side A, and Side B. Pressing A on your wiimote or classic controller swaps between the two. Make sure FCEU GX is loading Side A when you load FDS game images or you will get that error, as Side A has the games start up data. Side B just continues game play when the Side A part of gameplay ends.
December 14, 2009 05:39AM
No, I know how FDS works.(and I mapped the disk switch to L anyway)
If it was a problem with the disk sides, I would have gotten an Error 07. Error 22 apparently means: "Disk header block reecognition #$01 isn't read and cant be ignored", which I suppose is just a standard "game could not be read" message. I would assume it's because of a faulty ROM, but the ROM works perfectly in the Windows fceux, which leads me to believe this game just isn't compatible with Wii fceugx.

I dunno, and I guess it's just hopeless at this point.
December 14, 2009 09:19AM
I took a look, and found a bug in FCEUX itself that was causing this. I've fixed it for a future FCE Ultra GX release, and submitted a bug report to the FCEUX team :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login