Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

cIOS installer

Posted by jesselisabeth 
cIOS installer
December 16, 2009 12:13AM
I am new to all of this, but I'm trying to play DVDs on my wii...

I am trying to download the cIOS installer for USB2, but every time I choose an IOS it says there the fake sign bug isn't enabled. Is there some way to fix this, or is there something I am doing wrong?

Thanks.
Re: cIOS installer
December 16, 2009 12:27AM
Use trucha bug restorer to fix that.
December 16, 2009 01:54AM
December 16, 2009 02:12AM
I used the trucha bug restorer and it allowed me to go to the next install screen, and then it fails, saying 'error making http request' but my wii is connected to the internet...now what?
December 16, 2009 03:10AM
Try again later?
December 16, 2009 05:16PM
[wiibrew.org]

Use that, cause it will re-enable the trucha bug as well in IOSs. Also you may want to note that some people have conveniently left out details as to whether or not you need a connection to the Wii servers to do what it's supposed to. I dont see any mention of it there so read the documentation carefully. Others should be able to help you further, as I wont assist with possibly bricking your Wii by trying to help with something I havent used. I only took the facts at hand and looked at programs that could do what you're wanting.
December 16, 2009 06:49PM
nightwishfan1
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Dop-IOS/Dop-IOS_MOD

Use that, cause it will re-enable the trucha bug as well in IOSs. Also you may want to note that some people have conveniently left out details as to whether or not you need a connection to the Wii servers to do what it's supposed to. I dont see any mention of it there so read the documentation carefully. Others should be able to help you further, as I wont assist with possibly bricking your Wii by trying to help with something I havent used. I only took the facts at hand and looked at programs that could do what you're wanting.

He already has trucha bug.

jesselisabeth: Use this guide to do an offline install: [www.tehskeen.com]
December 17, 2009 06:13PM
jesselisabeth
I used the trucha bug restorer and it allowed me to go to the next install screen, and then it fails, saying 'error making http request' but my wii is connected to the internet...now what?

Sifjar I'd consider that as not having it. If the program he/she tried couldnt connect to download the proper IOS to restore the trucha bug then it isnt there. I imagine you'd have to clear all the installation screens to fully get it back. Anyway that's why I linked to Dop-IOS-Mod as it seemed to be able to do this process offline as the wiibrew page has no mention of connecting to Nintendos servers via Wii. If I'm wrong then that page needs to be updated to make it a bit clearer, cause I read the whole thing three times to make sure I didnt read over a part saying "Use Wiiconnect24 to access to Nintendos servers to download the necessary files for patching". So again I was going off what I read here as indicated above, and going by what the wiibrew page for Dop-IOS-Mod had written on it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2009 06:14PM by nightwishfan1.
December 17, 2009 06:25PM
nightwishfan1
jesselisabeth

Sifjar I'd consider that as not having it. If the program he/she tried couldnt connect to download the proper IOS to restore the trucha bug then it isnt there. I imagine you'd have to clear all the installation screens to fully get it back. Anyway that's why I linked to Dop-IOS-Mod as it seemed to be able to do this process offline as the wiibrew page has no mention of connecting to Nintendos servers via Wii. If I'm wrong then that page needs to be updated to make it a bit clearer, cause I read the whole thing three times to make sure I didnt read over a part saying "Use Wiiconnect24 to access to Nintendos servers to download the necessary files for patching". So again I was going off what I read here as indicated above, and going by what the wiibrew page for Dop-IOS-Mod had written on it.

I believe the error was in the cIOS installer AFTER the trucha bug had been restored. The OP used TBR, and that allowed him to go to the next screen of the cIOS installer, which then failed.
December 19, 2009 09:10AM
And if you have System Menu 4.2 use Trucha Bug Restorer Mod; i forget where you can find it, but just google it.
December 19, 2009 03:22PM
hunterm
And if you have System Menu 4.2 use Trucha Bug Restorer Mod; i forget where you can find it, but just google it.

no, just use v1.11. Works on all System Menus. And that is COMPLETELY unrelated to the current discussion of the topic.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login