Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem with Snes9x GX 007

Posted by wiiztec 
Problem with Snes9x GX 007
December 03, 2008 07:58PM
For some reason it randomly looses track of my SD card it says "SD card not found" and when I go back into the game the sound quality is all crappy, and if I try to go back to the HBC or the system menu it freezes my Wii

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2008 08:25PM by wiiztec.
Re: Problem with Snes9x GX 007
December 03, 2008 08:51PM
Did you try re-installing the application?
I used it last night and it works fine.
Are you downloading through the Homebrew Browser or by yourself?
December 03, 2008 09:08PM
try copying all the stuff off of your SD card into a folder and then formatting your card. then copy it all back over.
December 03, 2008 09:09PM
I downloaded it through the Homebrew Browser & it's fine for about 20-30 minutes then when I try to save a state or load a new game it says it can't find my SD card

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2008 09:10PM by wiiztec.
December 03, 2008 09:12PM
DrLucky
try copying all the stuff off of your SD card into a folder and then formatting your card. then copy it all back over.

I don't think it's a problem with my SD card as everything else that uses it works fine, I think it's a problem with the emulator because of the sound problem

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2008 09:14PM by wiiztec.
December 03, 2008 10:13PM
Yes it's a problem with the emulator.
December 03, 2008 10:20PM
It's a problem with libfat. All the latest emulators by that team have that problem. It happens when you frequently use save states. Solution: downgrade to the previous version. It works perfect, then.
December 03, 2008 11:09PM
So this is only related to the emulator's built-in save states and not with cartridge RAM saves?
December 03, 2008 11:52PM
Both. It only happens after you enter/leave the menu 30 times or something. I've personally never had it happen to me.
December 04, 2008 12:01AM
Tantric
Both. It only happens after you enter/leave the menu 30 times or something. I've personally never had it happen to me.
Sorry to beat a dead horse but does the problem go away when you reset your Wii or after 30 times you stuck with it unless you re-install the emulator or delete the save file?
December 04, 2008 12:08AM
strongfan
It's a problem with libfat. All the latest emulators by that team have that problem. It happens when you frequently use save states. Solution: downgrade to the previous version. It works perfect, then.

Well that makes sence I have been absolutly whoring save states

TheManuel
Tantric
Sorry to beat a dead horse but does the problem go away when you reset your Wii or after 30 times you stuck with it unless you re-install the emulator or delete the save file?

It'll work again just by unplugging and turning on the Wii again
December 04, 2008 12:40AM
Wow! That's weird.
I would have thought resetting or simply turning the Wii off would have the same effect without the need to unplug...
December 04, 2008 02:04AM
Well it might if reseting/turning off the Wii worked but it doesn't because the Wii freezes when you try to go back to the system menu or the HBC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2008 02:08AM by wiiztec.
December 04, 2008 04:22AM
strongfan

I would but I heard that 006 doesn't have autopatching

I don't really know what autopatching is but a lot of my games say that their loading a patch during the loading process
So do I need autopatching or what?
December 04, 2008 04:40AM
How about pressing the power button for 5 seconds?
That might force a hard shut down even while frozen.
Then again, if your power cord is on convenient location, you might as well unplug it.
December 04, 2008 04:53AM
wiiztec
strongfan

I would but I heard that 006 doesn't have autopatching

I don't really know what autopatching is but a lot of my games say that their loading a patch during the loading process
So do I need autopatching or what?

Autopatching is for patches that translate a ROM to a different language, eg. from Japanese to English. If you aren't playing Japanese games you don't need it.
December 04, 2008 04:56PM
How come 007's save state files arn't compatible with 006?
December 04, 2008 05:47PM
I ran into this problem last night with VisualBoyAdvance GX after repeatedly loading a game and going back into the menu (I was playing around with the video options).
I had to hold the power button down for a few seconds to reboot the Wii.
December 05, 2008 01:48AM
Returning to the HBC works for me to "fix" the bug. It doesn't freeze when I try to return to it, for somereason.

And yes, I too use states excessively(mainly because Zelda Parallel worlds is HARD-A*S!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login