Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

xyzzy

Posted by elmoreas 
xyzzy
January 19, 2010 06:08AM
If worst came to worst and you had to use bushings NAND Conversion service due to a brick; You have to have 2 things ahead of time from the damaged Wii:

1. A NAND dump from Bootmii
2. The keys from xyzzy

So I was thinking of getting this info from each of my Wiis for a worst case scenario, but I have a question to ask before I begin. Is xyzzy a safe app to run, or is it a dangerous app? I know all about Bootmii so it is not an issue.

Thanks in advance to those that answer. No disrespect to Bushing intended by this question. I do not believe this post violates the new rules but if it does I am sorry and it is not intentional, I am still trying to figure out what all the rules apply to and what they do not. Talk to you all later.

Elmoreas
Re: xyzzy
January 19, 2010 06:13AM
xyzzy is safe but IIRC it doesn't work anymore.. I'm sure you could run it and find out with no negative effects.

Edit:
Note: this application is now deprecated in favor of BootMii, which appends the entire keydump to the end of every NAND dump. Bushing 21:55, 9 August 2009 (UTC)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2010 06:22AM by bg4545.
January 19, 2010 06:22AM
I am a total idiot, the dates do not line up on his conversion post and the last release of xyzzy. Bootmii now includes the keys in the NAND dump. Sorry to have wasted your time. I should have compared the dates before asking.

Elmoreas
January 19, 2010 05:38PM
FYI, xyzzy was written by bushing, so yeah its safe and supported. I know this is irrelevant, just wanted to point that out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2010 05:39PM by SifJar.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login