Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trucha Bug Restorer v1.1

Posted by knrjatds 
Trucha Bug Restorer v1.1
February 01, 2010 03:46PM
Is it safe to use the Trucha Bug Restorer v1.1 to apply the Trucha Bug to any IOS ( or is it programmed just for IOS36 and IOS37.)

(I ask as I need to run homebrew applications off my SD card and was told I have to patch IOS60. I have tried all versions of dop ios mod, with a trucha enbled IOS, but it doesn't patch it IOS60)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2010 03:48PM by knrjatds.
Re: Trucha Bug Restorer v1.1
February 01, 2010 07:39PM
If you want to trucha patch IOS 60 (the IOS used by system menu 4.0 and 4.1), use Dop-IOS Mod, although this really isn't necessary. It is completely safe to patch any IOS except your system menu IOS, since if it fails, you can fix it. However, if you patch the system menu IOS and it fails (this is unlikely) your wii will be fully bricked.
February 11, 2010 05:06PM
TBR cannot patch any IOS except IOS36/37. They are the only IOS it can work with. You want dop-IOS MOD, and the reason you claim it doesn't work is most likely that you are doing something wrong. If you really want to patch IOS60 (which is your System Menu IOS, and very dangerous to patch) you NEED BootMii as boot2 incase something goes wrong. It is the ONLY thing that can save you. Priiloader/Preloader is NOT good enough.

Anyway, why do you think you need to patch IOS60? What are you trying to do? It is a very bad idea to patch a System Menu IOS.
February 12, 2010 03:00AM
I can think of at least three possible reasons he'd want to patch IOS60. All of which I dont think would be supported here, and are typical reasons for wanting a patched or custom IOS60. Remember Sifjar that cIOS60 is a patched IOS60 itself. Perhaps he thinks dop-ios-mod can do that? Anyways the reasons I can come up with are below. Two assuming he thinks dop-ios-mod can make a custom IOS60....

Reason 1: Using a forwarder program to make wads out of homebrew apps so they can be installed as channels. Then move the app channels to SD card so they can be accessed through the SD channel via system menu 4.0.

Reason 2: To upgrade his Wiis system menu to 4.0 via unofficial means.

Reason 3: To use system menu 4.0 to pirate Wiiware, and VC games and have an easy means of storing their channels after installing wads of them.

Now knrjatds. The first two reasons I stated are dangerous to attempt. Besides if you screw it up it's as stated by jbc007....You will fully brick your Wii. It's basically why wads arent supported on these forums. It aint worth it, cause homebrew works perfectly fine on system menu 4.2 via the Homebrew Channel and SD card plugged into your Wiis SD slot. You can also still place your legally bought Wiiware and VC games onto a separate SD card. If you're intending to use homebrew for pirating then that's the wrong reason and you deserve a ban.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2010 03:02AM by nightwishfan1.
February 12, 2010 03:42AM
There are a few more:

1. Using AnyTitle Deleter to remove things if problems ever come up.
2. Using Gecko's channel launch feature.
February 12, 2010 09:08PM
If you have a good reason for patching the system menu IOS, go ahead and do it. However, it is better not to patch it unless you have a good reason for it, which is usually not the case. It is only slightly dangerous, but you should install Bootmii as boot2 first if possible.
February 13, 2010 12:03AM
Eh....I dont see the practicality in what he's doing. He also seems like a complete newbie to the homebrew scene, as he's taking advice from an outside source that IOS60 needs patching to use homebrew.....Which just isnt the case at all, cause we know most homebrew works fine without any patched IOS modules. The first time I used homebrew on Wii, I merely upgraded to 3.0 via Super Mario Galaxy, and installed the HBC without any sort of patched or custom IOS module. From there the apps ran fine. I installed 4.0 after that, and everything was still fine, and still no patched IOS modules. He either wants a 4.0 system menu via unsupported means, or he got bogus advice from wherever he got it. I think it's the first option.
February 13, 2010 12:07AM
I agree that he probably should not patch IOS 60, but a few people (such as myself) have reason to have the trucha bug in the system menu IOS. If this is the case (though it probably isn't), it may make sense for him to patch it.
February 13, 2010 12:16AM
nightwishfan1
Reason 2: To upgrade his Wiis system menu to 4.0 via unofficial means

I know of no method for this which requires a patched IOS60. All the "safe updaters" need cIOS (i.e. IOS249), WadImport needs no patched IOS at all, another WAD installer I won't name lets you choose the IOS used, as does dop-IOS MOD. None of those need a patched IOS60, or any other patched System Menu IOS.
February 13, 2010 02:57AM
I patched IOS60 and now I can run the homebrew channel from the SD card.
I found that to safely patch any IOS with the Trucha Bug, DOP IOS v8 works, while DOP IOS MOD is buggy.

DOP IOS MOD from version 10.1 to 11.5 has a bug(have not checked versions earlier than 10.1), it will not patch IOS60 (it gives no error message, it will reinstall IOS60 after you press 'a' twice but does not patch it. I found other posters had confirmed this on various forums and through signCheck 0.3b.
It can patch other IOS's but not IOS60.

I then used the old original DOP IOS v8 and it correctly applied the patch to IOS60.
I later read Dop Ios mod v11.4 bricked a lot of people's Wii's. simply by selecting to displaying a list of IOS's with it's in built signCheck.
February 13, 2010 03:35AM
SifJar
nightwishfan1

I know of no method for this which requires a patched IOS60. All the "safe updaters" need cIOS (i.e. IOS249), WadImport needs no patched IOS at all, another WAD installer I won't name lets you choose the IOS used, as does dop-IOS MOD. None of those need a patched IOS60, or any other patched System Menu IOS.

You need a cIOS60 module. The unsupported kind. It needs to be installed first, then a system menu 4.0 wad is installed afterward. Both of these installed via wad manager. Trust me I considered this process as an option for 4.0, cause I was going to discontinue my Wiiconnect service and disconnect my console from the net. I however kept it on when 4.0 released and got it, then disconnected.

I'm frankly surprised that as a mod you dont know this unsupported process. Anyways now you know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2010 03:40AM by nightwishfan1.
February 13, 2010 03:48AM
nightwishfan1
SifJar
nightwishfan1

You need a cIOS60 module. The unsupported kind. It needs to be installed first, then a system menu 4.0 wad is installed afterward. Both of these installed via wad manager. Trust me I considered this process as an option for 4.0, cause I was going to discontinue my Wiiconnect service and disconnect my console from the net. I however kept it on when 4.0 released and got it, then disconnected.

I'm frankly surprised that as a mod you dont know this unsupported process. Anyways now you know.

If you manually intsall a system menu, you need to install its IOS first, but that IOS does not need to be patched. It is usually best to install an unpatched IOS 60 before manually installing system menu 4.0 or 4.1.
February 13, 2010 12:47PM
nightwishfan1

I know that cIOS are unsupported, but you do not need one to install a System Menu 4.0 WAD. You can install an unpatched IOS60v6174 WAD obtained using NUSD, and then an unpatched System Menu 4.0 WAD.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "cIOS60", whether you mean just IOS with trucha bug patched in, or if you mean IOS60 with backup loading abilities (i.e. a cIOScorp IOS60), but neither is necessary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2010 12:47PM by SifJar.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login