Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Genplus has been updated

Posted by Yoghurt 
Genplus has been updated
February 03, 2010 02:49PM
and i wonder why nobody has posted that by now? It has been updated a while ago.
It has a new gui and some new functions. its revision 355 AFAIK, could be wrong though, but check it out its awesome!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2010 02:49PM by Yoghurt.
Re: Genplus has been updated
February 03, 2010 04:35PM
It's not an official release from Eke-eke. The SVN revision may be up to date, and have some features, but until his wiibrew or google code page is updated for a new Genplus download will be when it's ready. If it's anything I seen him stress to users, it's the fact that while yes a certain revision features this and that, and it's all good. However there are other things he'd like to do more to the emulator before making an official download of it. So while you may have the latest revision of it, it's also missing some key updates he wants to implement, but hasnt gotten around to yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2010 05:52PM by nightwishfan1.
February 03, 2010 05:31PM
Well, this build is quite old, current revision is now 410
On that matter, there have been some major improvments to the core recently regarding emulation accuracy and audio/video sync issues.
Nothing really much worth the interest for most users I guess but still, the gui is also being regularely worked on, so I can only suggest you to learn how to grab the code from SVN and compile it yourself to try out, it's not really complicated and anyway far better than downloading random builds from internet ;-)
February 03, 2010 05:59PM
I'm primarily interested in the next SMS Plus update since it seems it will feature some rather accurate emulation of SG1000, and Colecovision games. Being basically a four system emulator in one seems way better than downloading individual emulators for the respective systems, and is frankly a huge plus for me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login