Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FCE Ultra GX 3.1.3 won't load two games.

Posted by Keith_Loving 
FCE Ultra GX 3.1.3 won't load two games.
February 15, 2010 10:39PM
Hi, I am new to this site. (just registered 5 minutes ago)

I saw two neat games from this site: [www.racketboy.com]

The two games I am looking at are:
- Nintendo World Championships 1990
- Stadium Events

So I looked around for a ROM of both of these games (I'll delete them in 23 hours from now, ie 24 hour rule) and neither game will work on FCE Ultra GX. I find it odd since about 25 of my other backups DO work, but these two games DON"T work. Having said that, I redownloaded the roms from about 5 different sites, and with the same result, the roms for those two games from the other sites also don't work.

Basically I just want a confirmation from people that can confirm the Nintendo World Championships 1990 rom and Stadium Events rom does or does not work with FCE Ultra GX.

Thanks, Keith

PS: I don't think I broke any rules, but if I did, please do not ban me. I think I walked a fine line here, but I don't think I crossed over the line. thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2010 10:41PM by Keith_Loving.
Re: FCE Ultra GX 3.1.3 won't load two games.
February 16, 2010 01:56AM
The best thing to do is try the games on FCEUX and see if they work there. Nintendo World Championships 1990 for sure I know doesn't - but has been fixed for the next version - so FCE Ultra GX will have that game fixed in the next version.
February 16, 2010 02:25AM
Awesome, I can't wait for the next revision.

I don't have any emulators on my PC, I guess I should go find one and try the two NES roms on that. Any chance you know if Stadium Events can be made to work? Thanks for all your hard work, you take donations?

Thanks, Keith
February 16, 2010 02:29AM
No idea if Stadium Events, there have been some recent fixes but really if a specific game doesn't work, first test it on FCEUX. If it doesn't work there, report it to them - they are very good at fixing games.

And yes I do accept donations, link is on the page - [code.google.com]
February 16, 2010 02:40AM
Thanks, I am going to test them out right now.

I am going to test the following two (2) games on FCEUX
- Stadium Events
- Nintendo World Championships 1990

Thanks, Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2010 06:54AM by Keith_Loving.
February 16, 2010 03:17AM
Here are the results of testing the following two (2) games on FCEUX:
- Stadium Events WORKS
- Nintendo World Championships 1990 WORKS

Knowing that now I have two working roms, I tested these same two roms on FCE Ultra GX with the following results:
- Stadium Events WORKS
- Nintendo World Championships 1990 DOESN'T WORK

Thanks, Keith

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2010 06:59AM by Keith_Loving.
February 27, 2010 07:00AM
My results are now posted. Look forward to the next update. :-)

Thanks for all of your hard work, Keith
April 24, 2010 03:58AM
Tantric
The best thing to do is try the games on FCEUX and see if they work there. Nintendo World Championships 1990 for sure I know doesn't - but has been fixed for the next version - so FCE Ultra GX will have that game fixed in the next version.

Bummer, Nintendo World Championships 1990 still doesn't work. Do you still have plans for compatibility with this rom? Was hoping it would work with the latest updates. I'll keep hoping, nice work you do with so many updates.

Any chance you will be working on other emulators like Sega or Atari? The menu systems for those emulators are terrible compared to the menu system you created for NES, SNES, and Visual Boy. Thanks again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login