Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii64 Beta 1.1 Released

Posted by tehpola 
Wii64 Beta 1.1 Released
February 24, 2010 05:27AM
Wii64 Beta 1.1 "Honey" has been released! Source.
Re: Wii64 Beta 1.1 Released
February 25, 2010 09:17PM
does it run at full speed..
(i just wanna play banjo kazooie, and those big games from Rareware ;)
-thanks
February 25, 2010 09:28PM
kydo
-thanks
The man built an effing MIPS to PPC dynamic recompiler and you're too lazy to turn on your Wii and find out how fast it runs? Lametard.
February 26, 2010 02:32AM
Arikado
kydo
-thanks
The man built an effing MIPS to PPC dynamic recompiler and you're too lazy to turn on your Wii and find out how fast it runs? Lametard.

That has to be the quote of the year.
February 26, 2010 03:22AM
ThatGuy
Arikado
kydo
-thanks

That has to be the quote of the year.
Thanks :-) But it could've been much better if I mentioned how long it all took and how kydo probably doesn't even know what MIPS, PPC, or a dynamic recompiler even is ...
February 27, 2010 01:23AM
LOL, that is a classic. That quote needs to be plastered somewhere on a blog. I'll check this out tonight. Thanks for all the work the team puts furth in making this emulator. :-)
February 28, 2010 04:36AM
Wow, this is a great release. Smash bros. is working basically perfectly.
March 10, 2010 10:08PM
Does anyone know a way to transfer saved games (or even states) from another emulator to Wii64? That way I could transfer a save that has everything unlocked in certain games, or continue playing them, on Wii64.

I tried transferring a .eep and mpk from PJ64 (after renaming it), but it didn't work. Wii64 doesn't detect the save files.

Thanks.

This [wiibrew.org] works for sra files.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2010 02:07AM by Ibrewii.
April 30, 2010 10:57PM
Sorry to create an account to ask a question (way lame, I know), but I just got my hack up and put Wii64 on it. It was working fine with my old Classic Controller (the little one that's more like a Super Nintendo controller), but then when I picked up the newer version (the black one with the handles and the better Z buttons), the control sticks wouldn't work! It's not a huge deal because I have my old one, and I know the sticks work from testing them with another application, but is there a bug release on this? Am I an aberration or is this a real problem?

Thanks for the great work, though! When I first loaded up Mario 64, I was nearly jumping for joy.
May 09, 2010 07:46PM
tedcroland
Sorry to create an account to ask a question (way lame, I know), but I just got my hack up and put Wii64 on it. It was working fine with my old Classic Controller (the little one that's more like a Super Nintendo controller), but then when I picked up the newer version (the black one with the handles and the better Z buttons), the control sticks wouldn't work! It's not a huge deal because I have my old one, and I know the sticks work from testing them with another application, but is there a bug release on this? Am I an aberration or is this a real problem?

I'm having the same issue with the same new controller and I also have a Nyko classic controller (aka "Wing") which doesn't get detected at all. The original classic controller works superbly though.

tedcroland
Thanks for the great work, though! When I first loaded up Mario 64, I was nearly jumping for joy.
+1
May 15, 2010 08:52AM
tedcroland

This is the reason I also registered an account so double the lame.

I bought the Wii Classic Controller Pro to play N64 games properly, but the Wii64 emulator doesn't recognize it or I'm not setting it up correctly. Any help? Although I did read on the Wii64 page:

"Configurable Input:
Input mapping is hard coded for now, however in the future we plan to make it configurable. Current input devices are via combination’s of Wiimote+Classic Contoller and Gamecube controllers of up to 4 players."

We may have to wait :)

Thank you so much for all the work though, this is amazing.

tedcroland
zeldaguru
+1
+2

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2010 08:54AM by NomadicHand.
June 08, 2010 06:26AM
tehpola
Wii64 Beta 1.1 "Honey" has been released! Source.

is anyone having trouble with this i tried loading conkers bad fur day, and tried to play it but it just takes me back to the menu and instead of saying play game at the bottom of the screen it says resume game and when i click it , it dosent do anything, its like it never loads the rom. idk wat it is maybe its the rom. does anybody now where i can find a legit conkers bad fur day rom
June 08, 2010 09:47PM
@3rd Party Controller Users
Only the original classic controller works with Wii homebrew. The Wii64 developers can not change this.

@rick211
Not all ROMs are supported. The one you are trying likely isn't. Wait for the next release.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2010 09:47PM by Arikado.
June 09, 2010 02:45AM
I just get a black screen on start. Maybe I don't have a certain IOS installed?
June 09, 2010 08:53PM
Mathew_Wi
I just get a black screen on start. Maybe I don't have a certain IOS installed?
Nope, that wouldn't be the problem. Try using a different SD Card.
June 10, 2010 07:33AM
Well, before I go out and buy a new card, How much has changed since the last version?
There isn't really any relevant information.
June 11, 2010 03:03AM
Dunno what you mean by relevant information. [emulatemii.com] , the official site for the emulator, seems to hit the head on the nail explaining the version changelogs. Basically, there's higher ROM compatibility (Goldeneye 007) and 99% of ROMs are not only working but working at full speed in the last release (Honey edition).

Before buying a new SD, tell me, are you saying previous builds were working for you?

Also, to confirm if its an SD problem, can you try launching via USB or via a wireless network without the SD Card plugged in?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2010 03:04AM by Arikado.
June 12, 2010 09:48AM
I tried loading by TCP, USB Gecko, USB and SD. All gave me that dreaded black screen on start.
(Not when you start a ROM but when you start Wii64 all together.)

Wii64 Beta 1 and 1.1 both crash. I couldn't try the older version, because I couldn't find it.

Edit: Well, I re-installed some patched IOSs and now it works.
Either it was an IOS problem, or it doesn't like being started with the gamecube remote.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2010 10:03AM by Mathew_Wi.
June 13, 2010 12:30AM
Is it possible to get the fan translation of Sin and Punishment (Tsumi to Batsu in JP) working on this? The main thing is that it requires new textures and graphics plugins. Would that make it incompatible?
June 13, 2010 03:55PM
i just wanna see 007 the world is not enough's gun textures work. ):

and i need perfect dark. that game is amazing. goldeneye seems to be working well though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2010 03:55PM by kckan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login