Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Save Game Manager Mod/DOP IOS MOD Questions

Posted by elmoreas 
Save Game Manager Mod/DOP IOS MOD Questions
March 03, 2010 10:58PM
I picked up a few new games and have been working on beating them for the save game downloader app so I never got around to doing the startpatch mod, in fact I was going to do it here in about an hour. Good timing Arikado. Instead I will give SGM Mod a try, but first I need to run DOP IOS MOD, and I have a couple questions about both.

1. When I TBR'ed IOS36 I did Trucha and ES Identify but not NAND Permissions so if I want to DOP IOS MOD, IOS36 can I and just have it do NAND permissions only or do I have it do everything, or since I have already modded that IOS should I leave it alone and DOP another IOS, and if so what IOS should I DOP to run SGM MOD on?

2. What folders do I need to setup and name on the SD card for SGM Mod to work?

3. What are the usage instructions for SGM MOD? In other words after I execute it what do I do, put the disc in and hit reset or go through a menu and select the save off the drive and transfer it to the SD card, etc...

That about covers it. Thanks to those that help in advance and Special Thanks to Arikado for all his hard work on these mods that make this possibble. Hopefully the savegames show up correctly at the end this time. I am sure they will though. Thanks again. Have a good evening. Talk to you later.

Sincerely,
Elmoreas
Re: Save Game Manager Mod/DOP IOS MOD Questions
March 04, 2010 12:24AM
1.) Apply NAND permissions to IOS36, and then launch SGM Mod off of IOS36. It won't mAke any difference if you've already applied the other available patches to that IOS.

2.) AFAIK, just download the app and put it in the apps folder.

3.) Sorry, you'll have to wait for somebody else on this one. :P
March 04, 2010 01:21AM
3.)It works exactly like savegame manager. All thats different is that is can work with any IOS now.
March 04, 2010 03:44AM
Sounds good thanks for the info all, thanks again Arikado I appreciate it.

Elmoreas
March 04, 2010 04:04AM
No problem! Sorry it took so long to finish, development was (surprisingly) quite a bit of coding hell.
March 04, 2010 11:01PM
Arikado
No problem! Sorry it took so long to finish, development was (surprisingly) quite a bit of coding hell.

What made it so hard? It seemed like you could have used the IOS selector in DOP-Mii for SGM Mod...
March 05, 2010 12:12AM
hunterm
What made it so hard? It seemed like you could have used the IOS selector in DOP-Mii for SGM Mod...
Waninkoko's code is not the best.. So I'm sure Arikado was fixing it up.
March 05, 2010 12:22AM
hunterm
Arikado

Waninkoko used the patched modules available exclusively in his cIOS to do everything. So I had to find creative solutions that any IOS could replicate. Furthermore, Waninkoko did some things which I swear he did just to f*** with anyone trying to do what I was doing. For example, there were (and I'm not making this up, play with the git if you don't believe me) calls to his cIOS's modules in the extraction process that would freeze the program if his modules were not located. I thought this was a necessary step at first to set some permissions, but it turned out it was just a completely unnecessary piece of code which I believe was only there to screw with anyone trying to not use his cIOS. There were similar things in the installation process as well some necessary things I had to write workarounds for (nicksasas blue dump inspired more than a few). I'm thinking about doing a detailed write up of the development process sometime in the near future ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2010 12:23AM by Arikado.
March 06, 2010 10:10PM
Doesn't sound like waninkoko is a nice guy...
March 06, 2010 10:20PM
Crisco
Doesn't sound like waninkoko is a nice guy...
Nope. XD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login