Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Genesis Plus GX only recognizing one controller

Posted by Mestizo 
Genesis Plus GX only recognizing one controller
April 04, 2010 02:23AM
I tried playing Streets of Rage 2 with a friend the other day. Both of us were using a Classic Controller each. Thing is, the emulator would only act as though one controller's plugged in. When I tried to fiddle with it, we got the 2nd controller to work, but not the 1st. How can I make it so that 2 controllers are playable? My current controllers and count:

Wii remote: 3
Nunchucks: 2
Classic Controllers: 2
Gamecube: 1
Re: Genesis Plus GX only recognizing one controller
April 04, 2010 02:04PM
you need to:

(1) make sure all wiimotes are registered in the system menu using the "red sync button" (this is a requirement for all homebrew applications)

(2) configure controllers in the emulator option menu (by default, if two controllers are detected, they would automatically be assigned). If you only have one wimmote+classic controller, you can also configure the emulator so player 1 uses the wiimote and player 2 uses cc (a little tricky because of the cable but I know it helps in some situations)
April 04, 2010 02:11PM
All 3 of my remotes are synced up to my Wii. I tried that before, but the configuration of the first controller is disabled if I configure 2P. How can I make it so that 2 Classic Controllers are playable?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2010 02:11PM by Mestizo.
April 04, 2010 06:25PM
What version are you using ? There shouldn't be any problem here if the wiimotes can be used in other emulators. If they don't, it means they are not properly synced (again, they must be synced permanently using the buttons on the Wiimotes and WIi)

I tried that before, but the configuration of the first controller is disabled if I configure 2P.

I don't understand, what do you mean exactly by "disabled" ? Normally you need to select each player (1,2,...) and select the device affected to this player (Wiimote #1, Classic #1, Gamecube #2, etc). Configuring keys is something different, if the device is set to"NONE", you can't off course configure anything, you first need to pick one of the available device. What devices are available in the menu ?

How can I make it so that 2 Classic Controllers are playable?

If the 2 wiimotes are well registered and both classic controllers well connected, you set "Player" to 1 then change the "Device" to "CLASSIC 1". Finally you set "Player" to 2 and set "Device" to "CLASSIC 2". If those choices are not available, it means the wiimotes or/and expansion are not found and there is a problem in how they are connected/synced.

Make sure you read the user manual to understand how this works, it should be pretty self-explanary.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2010 06:31PM by ekeeke.
April 05, 2010 01:42AM
ekeeke
What version are you using ? There shouldn't be any problem here if the wiimotes can be used in other emulators. If they don't, it means they are not properly synced (again, they must be synced permanently using the buttons on the Wiimotes and WIi)

I don't understand, what do you mean exactly by "disabled" ? Normally you need to select each player (1,2,...) and select the device affected to this player (Wiimote #1, Classic #1, Gamecube #2, etc). Configuring keys is something different, if the device is set to"NONE", you can't off course configure anything, you first need to pick one of the available device. What devices are available in the menu ?

If the 2 wiimotes are well registered and both classic controllers well connected, you set "Player" to 1 then change the "Device" to "CLASSIC 1". Finally you set "Player" to 2 and set "Device" to "CLASSIC 2". If those choices are not available, it means the wiimotes or/and expansion are not found and there is a problem in how they are connected/synced.

Make sure you read the user manual to understand how this works, it should be pretty self-explanary.

I'm using 1.3.1. The classic controllers/wii remotes work perfectly in the other emulators. It's just this one prefers only one.

When I configure one and go to the other, the previous one somehow gets disabled. For example, I select a 2-player game, and we're using 2 classic controllers. Player 2 can't move anything, but player one works. I go in the options and configure player 2 to use a Classic controller. After that, player one can't do anything.

EDIT: Found out why I couldn't configure it before. When I was setting it up, the 2nd remote wasn't activated, so the Classic 2 option didn't show up. Thanks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2010 01:52AM by Mestizo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login