Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

VBA GX freezing

Posted by Hollow_Dragonite 
VBA GX freezing
May 23, 2010 12:13PM
Once again, the emulator is causing problems. Not that it's not a very good emulator, in fact its my favorite. Anyways, when playing warioware inc: mega microgames, during 9-volts stage, there is a minigame(s) that causes vba to freeze. I have played some minigames on that stage before it freezes, so it cant be the stage. Although, it might not even be called freezing, as once the words AVOID! appeared on-screen, despite it not responding or going to the game screen (because of this, I dont know which minigame is causing the freeze).

On another note, I have noticed that when loading a game the load bar gets close to the end, then clears completely. This is completely aesthetic, as the game still loads. This maybe due to the fact that i started zipping my games just recently, but i could be wrong.
Re: VBA GX freezing
May 23, 2010 05:44PM
If you believe zipping your roms is the cause then unzip them and try the game that way. Also a note about zipping roms. Tantric has stated in another thread before that 7-zipping them isnt recommended. Sure the emulator supports them that way, but he discourages it. If you zipped them that way then just normally zip the files.
May 24, 2010 11:55AM
I want to address this problem too. Ive been having the freezing thing going on with games like SSF2TR and always had my files zipped and I didn't have the problem before. I will try unzipped but if that is the problem then why did it not happen before?
May 25, 2010 05:45PM
They aren't 7zipped, just regular. I tried but it still froze. Plus, the other two levels that you can play when you reach that point in the game freeze, too. So, its either the rom, or the emulator. I'll try it on the pc. If it still freezes, then its either the rom I'm using or the emulator just doesn't support it. If it doesn't, then the port doesn't support it.
May 26, 2010 01:34PM
im almost positive it freezes when too many sprites get onscreen(over 12)

emulators messed up a little
May 27, 2010 10:19PM
I didn't have a freezing issue several emulator versions prior too this, so thats why this is an issue to me. I too appreciate all the work being put into the emulators but I think we need to acknowledge there is a problem here. The more people who are having the issue the more likely that there is something wrong too.

There is a chance its something to do with the usb2 maybe? I installed it then erased it with anytitle deleter because I was having problems with the IOS. Maybe something to do with this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2010 10:21PM by jlenoconel.
May 28, 2010 02:11AM
There may be a problem, but you'd have to narrow it down for me to even have a hope of fixing it. What version did it first happen in? Try uninstalling IOS 202. Try unplugging USB devices. etc.
May 28, 2010 02:26AM
I already uninstalled IOS 202 and I am loading from USB to play my roms. Ill try it on SD too to see if it makes a difference. Sorry about this dude, I know its a pain.

Not sure which version but I guess it started maybe a month ago and I update every time a new version comes out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2010 02:30AM by jlenoconel.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login