Alright I was able to copy my brawl and mario kario data to an SD card as explicitly shown in the data management section after soft-modding my wii which I do not want to talk about as it is against the rules of the site. However, when I tried copying it to my friends wii (system menu 4.2 and below) the message read "this file cannot be copied". I have beaten all of brawl and mario kart in its fullest and wish for my friend to have all data via copying it to their wii. Do not want to install homebrew or update my friends wii at all. Please help with this. Thanks.
As far as I know, there is no way to copy the save back to a Wii without homebrew installed. But I think it also depends on what you used to copy the save; How did you do it?
From Priiloader. I soft-modded the Wii THEN I copied it from my Wii Internal Memory to the SD card. What I would like to know now is WHY I still cannot copy it over to my friend's internal memory after I have already hacked my Wii and have it saved to my SD card. Without talking about teh soft-modding stuff because that will get me banned. If my SD card has all of the information then why can't I copy it over if it has been hacked already?
It won't copy to your friend's Wii because the save still has the "No-copy" flag in it. Priiloader allows the System Menu to ignore this, but your friend doesn't have Priiloader so his System Menu sees that it can't be copied.

I suggest you run pussieLoader on your friend's Wii. It won't install anything and should allow you to transfer saves.
[forum.wiibrew.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2010 07:12AM by bg4545.
Oh so you are saying that is that only my wii allows me to transfer data to the SD card on my wii, not my friends? I haven't hacked theirs yet. It will be a pain to get priiloader on theirs. It still has the no copy flag on their wii I believe. Seriously why shouldn't you be able to copy wi-fi games to the SD card? Persuade me please. I am bitching about it just like the stupid off-sides rule in soccer which hinders goals just like saves for non-transferrable wi-fi game data. Without being able to copy wi-fi games to friends wii except using excess soft-modding and homeberew crap then they will have to beat the whole entire game which takes days. Consider brawl and mario kart for example. Arrrrrrgh I guess I will try and just hack their wii to get my data transferred.
bg4545
I suggest you run pussieLoader on your friend's Wii. It won't install anything and should allow you to transfer saves.
[forum.wiibrew.org]
If you use Gecko OS's reboot with hooks feature to copy the saves, it will remove the NoCopy flag, and the saves can be copied to a completely unmodded Wii. However, a few games will reject saves if the NoCopy Flag is removed. But the only one I know of is CoD:MWR, older games are fine, like the ones you mentioned.
Alright got banned for a lame reason so am using an alt account. Anyways I have removed the no copy flag and have tried copying brawl and mario kart to an unmodded wii but it still reads "this file cannot be copied". I have removed the no copy flag on all apps. Why won't it copy to my friends wii which is system menu 4.2 and below?
SteveGrau
Alright got banned for a lame reason so am using an alt account. Anyways I have removed the no copy flag and have tried copying brawl and mario kart to an unmodded wii but it still reads "this file cannot be copied". I have removed the no copy flag on all apps. Why won't it copy to my friends wii which is system menu 4.2 and below?

You didn't remove the NoCopy flag. You patched System Menu to copy saves regardless of the flag. That's what Priiloader does.

Gecko OS does it differently and REMOVES the flag, allowing it to be copied to any Wii. Trust me.
.........I have done that too already. First I had to get priiloader to work because the gecko os rebooter gave me errors now I am able to remove the no copy flags on all apps and there are set. Trust me I have done it and I still do not know what is wrong.
Disable the priiloader hack for copying NoCopy saves, then use the Gecko OS rebooter to copy the saves and try copying the resultant saves to the other Wii.
Have done that I believe too. First I needed priiloader in order to get gecko to reboot otherwise it would have given me errors over and over again. So now I should disable it?
bg4545
bg4545
[forum.wiibrew.org]
.....WTF!
He's giving you advice, heed it.
My friend does not have an SD card and it is way too time consuming to even set up Priiloader. I will try the other way. So should I delete the save that I currenty have right now or keep it and just turn off the Priiloader hack for no copy saves?
......I JUST removed the no copy flags from the Gecko rebooter and it TOTALLY ignored it. I switched the asnwer to yes and it still says no when re-loading Gecko. What do I do?
Use pussieLoader to copy the save to your SD card and then to your friend's Wii.
[forum.wiibrew.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2010 08:36AM by bg4545.
,........that does not work!!! Only Gecko will and Gecko is not rebooting my changes!!! I want to switch the no copy flag to YES then copy the saves over. It is a hassle to hack my friend's WIi. This is all I am asking. WHY won't Gecko friggen reboot my rebooter changes? It reboots but it does not save the changes. Do I need to save the changes beforehand somehow? I go to rebooter options, click yes to no copy flags then I try to reboot it and it does but when I go back to Gecko it still shows the no copy flags as no, not yes, which I chnaged it to originally.
You've been banned already (twice I believe) ... TOPIC CLOSED !!
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.