Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HBC Themes

Posted by Weasel 
HBC Themes
August 12, 2010 09:05PM
HBC Themes

Found a link to that from the HackMii blog, which is totally cool. However, I have a question about what was said on HackMii.

drmr
As usual, with Wiibrew, please don’t upload copyrighted content. For themes, this means: No copyrighted imagery, neither of photographic nor illustrative nature.

My question is: what is our definition copyrighted content? I notice that the HBC themes page has a "Vista Theme." Does that count as copyrighted content?
Re: HBC Themes
August 12, 2010 09:26PM
Depends...are the graphics ripped from Vista, and are the graphics in Vista copyrighted? If the answer to both is yes, then the theme should be removed.

Anyway, I have to say its pretty cool that there is theming, very nice surprise :)
August 15, 2010 12:12AM
Just updated to 1.0.8 and noticed the link about Themes which I thought I'd give a go.
I followed instructions but when I load HBC all I get is the default theme.
What am I doing wrong? I've tried both the pacman theme and the cookie theme.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2010 12:13AM by bluelion.
August 15, 2010 05:32AM
saying you followed the instructions doesn't really help us help you.

what did you do exactly?
August 15, 2010 06:44AM
If you followed instructions correctly, the theme should change. It's really simple actually:

1. Download the theme and put it in the apps folder in your SD card. The folder should contain a theme.zip file and (hopefully) a meta.xml and icon.png.
2. Start up the Homebrew Channel. The icon for the theme should be listed. Click on it and start it up just like a regular app.
3. Enjoy.
August 15, 2010 09:23AM
Thanks for replies.
I did exactly as Weasel has said, but I see no app in the menu to select.
I've even tried it with an sd card that has no other apps and still nothing.
August 15, 2010 09:36AM
Can you describe exactly what's on the sd card? It should work exactly the same as any homebrew app. The only difference is that an app has a 'boot.dol', but the theme is 'theme.zip'
August 15, 2010 12:25PM
I've cracked it.
It was a folder inside a folder situation.
I'm now messing around making my own themes so now onto my next question.
Is there any way of getting 5 bubble icons on screen instead of 3?
August 16, 2010 05:49AM
New here, and I hope this is the right place to post this, but I just made a Galaga theme and was wondering if it would count against the copyright rule? I drew the images myself in paint, but they're exactly the same as the sprites in the original game. The dialog box does feature a faded image of artwork from the arcade cabinet. Would it be okay if I uploaded it? (Also, if it is okay, how do I upload it? Again, new here.)

I've uploaded the file here: [wiibrew.org]
And a screenshot here: [wiibrew.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2010 06:27AM by Greyscale.
August 20, 2010 02:37AM
If you painted it, it's like fanart and thats legal.
August 20, 2010 06:55PM
RiseAboveDeath
If you painted it, it's like fanart and thats legal.
This.

The problems with the copyright violations is that people are copy/pasting official art from videogames into the themes. If you make the art yourself though, it's all good and legal :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2010 06:55PM by Arikado.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login