Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WiiSCU supported again?

Posted by Axel 
WiiSCU supported again?
August 24, 2010 08:06PM
Hello,

Will Wiibrew.org start supporting WiiSCU again now that it has been updated not to patch IOSes?

As far as I know, WiiSCU does not need a patched IOS to work, on opposite to others like DOP-Shop. And now that it does not allow IOS patching, I think it is time to support it openly in the forums.

Besides, it is easier to tell users that do not want to upgrade to 4.3 and want to use the Shop channel to use this software than to provide them a guide to NUS downloader, packing WADs and using WAD installer.

[www.wiibrew.org]

Latest version says 0.30. Was it officially released by wack0?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2010 09:04PM by Axel.
Re: WiiSCU supported again?
August 24, 2010 09:07PM
I think I noticed megazig uploaded it, either he or Wack0 presumably removed the ability to install patched IOS, therefore meaning there is zero reason for it to be against the rules.
August 25, 2010 08:36AM
Yes but this was a quick hack, the source code is still an awful example of how to install an IOS.
August 25, 2010 12:03PM
Wiinstall is perhaps a better tool?
August 25, 2010 04:34PM
Yeah, I noticed that the code is just a small collection of libraries from other devs plus a small main procedure in a separate file that makes use of some of those library processes in sequential order.

Still, the little app works better than some others I've seen out there and it's VERY easy to use. It is very unlikely it bricks anything, different from Wiinstall which if not used carefully, or not knowing exactly what you are doing, can result harmful to many users.

Maybe wack0 needs to keep the source to himself? :) j/k
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login