Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help On Latest Menu Version

Posted by obeydrx 
Help On Latest Menu Version
October 15, 2010 02:26AM
I have the latest version of the Homebrew Channel (version 1.0.8) and Menu Version 4.3U. However, I'm unsure as to whether or not I should download this latest version of the menu that they posted later this year. I'm sure I'll have to do so eventually to play new games or, at the very least, go to the shop, but I want to be sure if I'll still have the Homebrew Channel operational. If not, is there something that can be done to keep it or are we still waiting on that?
Re: Help On Latest Menu Version
October 15, 2010 02:51AM
obeydrx
I have the latest version of the Homebrew Channel (version 1.0.8) and Menu Version 4.3U. However, I'm unsure as to whether or not I should download this latest version of the menu that they posted later this year. I'm sure I'll have to do so eventually to play new games or, at the very least, go to the shop, but I want to be sure if I'll still have the Homebrew Channel operational. If not, is there something that can be done to keep it or are we still waiting on that?

Seriously. I didn't get that.

But assuming you were asking about a future Sys Menu update, there's no way to know if Nintendo's next update will finally block all possibilites of installing the HBC. Though I do strongly believe that since all they've done so far is patching the cheapest and easiest exploits to run homebrew and only blocking certain Title IDs, that we will have HBC for many years to come (perhaps forever, given that if one title ID is blocked, TT will simply issue a new HBC with a different title ID, and Nintendo can't simply go around blocking every possible title ID, since they MIGHT use these eventually for any channel they might want to release).
The only exploits Nintendo will probably never be able to kill are game specific exploits that require hacked saves in order to work. Especially with games that aren't even property of Nintendo, like Lego Indiana Jones, or Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds. They might convince their respective companies about attempting to patch these exploits and submitting them to Nintendo so they'd be included in a future update, but I seriously doubt any of the other companies care enough for Nintendo to help them like so.

So rest easy for now. The only thing stopping us might be the possible inminent lack of exploits, but there are still a few more to around with. Expecting, of course, there's no traitor among the hackers that finally breaks homebrew for good.
Re: Help On Latest Menu Version
October 15, 2010 04:12AM
I think the OP means the September 8th IOS update, and if so it's perfectly fine to update because it does not update the System Menu.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login