Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew Browser wont load hangs on black screen

Posted by rustyGenitalia 
Homebrew Browser wont load hangs on black screen
October 18, 2010 08:29PM
Just hacked the Wii today and installed HBC, it prompted me to update so I did. Tried to load HBB for the first time and the screen went black and stayed that way indefinitely. I re-downloaded the browser files and copied them to the SD card but it still didn't work.

I am on 4.2U and I used BannerBomb to install HackMii to boot2. HBC is version 1.0.8

Lastly, when I open the HBC, HBB comes up on the top but it looks crappy. No picture just text:

"homebrew_browser
/no description/"

When I click on it it says:

"homebrew browser
Version: unknown
Coder: unknown
no description available"

Any Ideas? Thanks for the help.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2010 08:43PM by rustyGenitalia.
Re: Homebrew Browser wont load hangs on black screen
October 19, 2010 12:22AM
rustyGenitalia
Just hacked the Wii today and installed HBC, it prompted me to update so I did. Tried to load HBB for the first time and the screen went black and stayed that way indefinitely. I re-downloaded the browser files and copied them to the SD card but it still didn't work.

I am on 4.2U and I used BannerBomb to install HackMii to boot2. HBC is version 1.0.8

Lastly, when I open the HBC, HBB comes up on the top but it looks crappy. No picture just text:

"homebrew_browser
/no description/"

When I click on it it says:

"homebrew browser
Version: unknown
Coder: unknown
no description available"

Any Ideas? Thanks for the help.

It is most likely that you downloaded a false version of the Homebrew Browser. Try downloading it from:[www.wiibrew.org] Then go to Homebrew Channel normally and try booting it.
October 19, 2010 02:03AM
and make sure you copy all the files correctly.
October 19, 2010 04:54PM
bg4545
and make sure you copy all the files correctly.

And most important! Make sure you unzip the files! (local joke) *chuckle*
October 22, 2010 02:45AM
Irrlicht, I downloaded directly from there every time. bg4545 and Axel, I used "Extract to" on winzip and unxipped them directly to the apps folder on my SD card. Still no beans...

Could it be a problem with the HBC or my Wii?
October 22, 2010 02:53AM
Well, tried it all again for one last time and it worked. thanks for the help everyone.

what i did, in case anyone else has this problem is formatted the SD card and removed everything then re-extracted the browser folder to the apps folder on the card. viola.
October 22, 2010 02:53AM
do any apps work? have you tried other apps?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login