Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Shop Channel problem

Posted by darklink 
Wii Shop Channel problem
October 19, 2010 04:28AM
Wow it's been a long time since the last time I came here.
Anyways, I'm having a problem installing the latest Wii Shop Channel.
I used Dop-mii to install The latest channel but when I exit to the system menu and enter the channel, the screen shows error #002.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
Re: Wii Shop Channel problem
October 19, 2010 04:58PM
You need to install latest revision of IOS56 (v5662) to run WiiShop Channel v20.

As of v20 it has stopped using IOS61, and now uses IOS56.

Hope this works to you.
October 19, 2010 08:44PM
I actually asked this same question on #wiihelp last night. Installing IOS56 will solve all of your problems.
October 19, 2010 11:25PM
I ran into the sam problem. When I tried to use IOS58 Installer, it froze. I have the Trucha Bug and selected IOS36, but partway through the install is just stopped. Any idea what could cause this?
October 19, 2010 11:31PM
Yeah I forgot to tell you guys that I did install the latest revision of IOS56 using Dop-mii but I'm still getting error #002.
I even erased it and I reinstalled it but that didn't work.
October 19, 2010 11:38PM
Same here. Just used Dop-Mii, and the error remains.
October 20, 2010 12:19AM
The shop channel clearly does not like the IOS that it is using. Perhaps this is caused by some sort of bug in DOP-Mii. Download the latest revision of the shop channel and IOS 56 with NUS Downloader, and have it pack them into WADs. Install these WADs.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2010 12:21AM by jbc007.
October 20, 2010 01:39AM
Thanks, I'll try that.
Can I use wadimport or do I have to use wad manager to install the WADs?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2010 01:39AM by darklink.
October 20, 2010 01:45AM
WADImport should work
October 20, 2010 03:39PM
I thought WAD's weren't supported?
October 20, 2010 04:18PM
System WADs from NUS Downloader are legal and allowed. WADs that are not allowed are VC/WiiWare or custom channels that use Nintendo banners or parts of them.
October 20, 2010 09:17PM
bg4545
System WADs from NUS Downloader are legal and allowed. WADs that are not allowed are VC/WiiWare or custom channels that use Nintendo banners or parts of them.

To clarify: Completely custom channels (i.e. channels made completely using homebrew tools e.g. CustomizeMii and a legal base WAD) are supported, but channels built using an official channel as a base WAD, or using a banner extracted from one, are not, as they are illegal.
October 21, 2010 03:12AM
SifJar
bg4545

To clarify: Completely custom channels (i.e. channels made completely using homebrew tools e.g. CustomizeMii and a legal base WAD) are supported, but channels built using an official channel as a base WAD, or using a banner extracted from one, are not, as they are illegal.

Wouldn't those still be fine as long as they are not distributed? For example, if one were to download an official channel with NUS Downloader, or extract one in some other way, and use it as a base WAD, wouldn't this be fine as long as the custom channel created was not distributed to anyone else?
October 22, 2010 06:43AM
I fixed my shop channel, thanks guys!
October 22, 2010 02:27PM

Wouldn't those still be fine as long as they are not distributed?

Not for discussing...

it's the same as backups... depending on where in the world you live they may be legal and fine if you own the game and you don't distribute them, but we still don't support or talk about them.
October 22, 2010 03:52PM
darklink

It would be great if you shared with others what you did to finally get it working. This might come helpful in the future for others with the same issue.
October 22, 2010 06:03PM
jbc007
SifJar
bg4545

Wouldn't those still be fine as long as they are not distributed? For example, if one were to download an official channel with NUS Downloader, or extract one in some other way, and use it as a base WAD, wouldn't this be fine as long as the custom channel created was not distributed to anyone else?

Legal, yeah. But there's no need to discuss something you aren't publicly sharing.
November 02, 2010 09:45PM
jbc007
The shop channel clearly does not like the IOS that it is using. Perhaps this is caused by some sort of bug in DOP-Mii. Download the latest revision of the shop channel and IOS 56 with NUS Downloader, and have it pack them into WADs. Install these WADs.

Is there a step by step for this somewhere? I don't know how to make a wad.

(Or is there an update for Dop-mii coming out?)
November 02, 2010 10:02PM
Axel
darklink

It would be great if you shared with others what you did to finally get it working. This might come helpful in the future for others with the same issue.

I downloaded the latest Wii shop channel and IOS 56 with NUS and packed them both into WADs. I installed them using WADimport and that solved the problem.
November 03, 2010 01:36AM
keybounce
jbc007

Is there a step by step for this somewhere? I don't know how to make a wad.

(Or is there an update for Dop-mii coming out?)
NUSD packs the WADs for you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2010 01:37AM by bg4545.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login