Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

N00b question, sorry if it's been answered already...

Posted by TenbatsU 
N00b question, sorry if it's been answered already...
December 28, 2008 01:06AM
I tried using the search function as well as scouring other sites and can't seem to get a straight answer to this question:

I BADLY want Tatsunoko VS Capcom and currently have a US Wii. My girlfriend updated to 3.4 when she used WiiFit >_<. I adapted and installed the HBC via the TwilightHack, but here's the rub: my Gecko OS says it's not an applicable Wii program, and the menu loader doesn't seem to work either, is it possible yet to play region free with the 3.4 update in effect yet? And if so, what HB app should I be using? I really appreciate the help guys. P.S.-I'm NOT interested in pirating any software, I've imported TvC and just want to be able to play it, now that my FreeLoader is useless.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2008 01:14AM by TenbatsU.
Re: N00b question, sorry if it's been answered already...
December 28, 2008 01:44AM
get the newest version of Gecko OS.

or try the elf to dol converter.
December 28, 2008 02:14AM
And you can use AnyRegionChanger to downgrade to 3.2! Just don't actually change the region; doing so will brick you.
December 28, 2008 02:18AM
strongfan
And you can use AnyRegionChanger to downgrade to 3.2! Just don't actually change the region; doing so will brick you.
Can only downgrade with that if you're no higher than 3.3v1. I've never heard of anyone bricking their wiis by changing their region.
December 28, 2008 02:47AM
Thanks for the help guys! Does Gecko OS work for GC imports as well? I should be getting TvC by Monday here, and the only other import games I have are for my GC, so I was wondering if I could see if everything's working before the game gets here. The conversion to .dol worked, THANKS! but when I tried to load my GC import, it froze after loading a buncha' numbers, so I'm assuming that Gecko's only for Wii games, but I figured I'd ask anyways. Thanks again.
December 28, 2008 07:29PM
Use GCBoot for booting GC import games.
December 28, 2008 10:40PM
DanielHueho
Use GCBoot for booting GC import games.
I can't seem to find this GCBoot. Help?

I had been thinking about importing a Gamecube game lately; only, of course, if I could get it to play on my Wii. I mean, I'd hate to have to resort to emulation because of a) legality, b) compatibility, and c) I have a crappy computer that can't run anything modern anyway.
December 28, 2008 10:56PM
If you go to the Wiibrew Wiki -> Homebrew Applications -> Utilities -> GC Booter you'll find it there.
[www.wiibrew.org]

Edit: It's also downloadable through the Homebrew Browser...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2008 10:57PM by whodares.
December 28, 2008 11:31PM
Ah, I was searching "GCBoot" and wasn't getting anything. Thanks.

Though I'd hate to buy a game and have it end up not working. I'm torn.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login