Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Emulators wont work

Posted by sedla_99 
Emulators wont work
November 07, 2010 11:32PM
After i load my emulators the Wii freezes or the screen turns black with an error message and the Wii freezes! Any ideas on how to fix that?
Re: Emulators wont work
November 07, 2010 11:35PM
What emulators and what error message? and how does it freeze? (i.e. controllers don't work, screen frozen, does the reset button go back to the HBC?)
November 07, 2010 11:42PM

Thats the error i get and then the screen freezes and i have to restart the Wii by pressing the Power button for a few seconds!
November 07, 2010 11:43PM
Does the error message say "DSI Exception Occurred!" and then have loads of numbers? If so, this is a reasonably common crash in homebrew, which affects most homebrew every now and again, and is nothing to worry about.
November 07, 2010 11:45PM
I use Visual Boy Advance GX 2.2.2, FCE Ultra GX 3.2.3 and Snes9x GX 4.2.5!
November 07, 2010 11:46PM
SifJar
Does the error message say "DSI Exception Occurred!" and then have loads of numbers? If so, this is a reasonably common crash in homebrew, which affects most homebrew every now and again, and is nothing to worry about.

Why and how can i stop this! This happens everytime i try to play the emulators!! I cannot even use the emulators!
November 08, 2010 12:06AM
Are you using the latest revisions of the emulators? Also, are you launching them through the latest revision of the Homebrew Channel?
November 08, 2010 12:37AM
jbc007
Are you using the latest revisions of the emulators? Also, are you launching them through the latest revision of the Homebrew Channel?
YES
November 08, 2010 04:16AM
what else have you installed on your wii?
November 08, 2010 08:08AM
It's a bug in HBC, turn your wifi router ON before going into HBC and wait for network to be initialized.
Or better, remove the <\no_ios_reload> line from meta.xml files.

Actually, it happens in any homebrew using the new HBC no_ios_reload feature.
November 21, 2010 09:35PM
thanks for the info on deleting that line in the xml files! My emulators work perfect now with no issue!
November 23, 2010 04:56PM
sweet this was the issues i was having as well, where do i locate this .xml file? in the apps folder?
November 23, 2010 05:31PM
Dend
sweet this was the issues i was having as well, where do i locate this .xml file? in the apps folder?

The meta.xml files are usually located in the same folder as the boot.dol file. For example, if you were using snes9xgx: SD:/apps/snes9xgx/meta.xml.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2010 10:31PM by Linuz.
November 24, 2010 05:24PM
Linuz
Dend

The meta.xml files are usually located in the same folder as the boot.dol file. For example, if you were using snes9gx: SD:/apps/snes9gx/meta.xml.

thank you!
November 24, 2010 10:31PM
Dend
Linuz
Dend

The meta.xml files are usually located in the same folder as the boot.dol file. For example, if you were using snes9gx: SD:/apps/snes9gx/meta.xml.

thank you!

Glad to help!
November 29, 2010 08:47PM
i was wondering if the rom folder of these emulators can be put on a usb harddrive in fat32 format and be played that way instead of using an sd card.
November 29, 2010 10:15PM
Yeah it should work
December 05, 2010 03:17AM
I have a question... does anyone know why this error occurs, and why does deleting the "no_ios_reload" resolve the problem? This has never happened on my Wii before, but yesterday I installed the HBC on my friend's Wii. Then I just copied the contents of my SD card onto his SD card, and when he tried loading the roms it would bring up the code dump error. I just find it weird that it doesn't happen on my Wii, but happens to his Wii when he has the exact same contents on his SD card too.
I will also note that I will try to delete the "no_ios_reload" on the XML file tomorrow and hopefully that works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2010 03:20AM by billsfan444.
December 05, 2010 10:05PM
It is because a bug in the latest HBC. A lot of people is waiting for a fix to this. By removing the NO IOS RELOAD tag from the xml you lose DVD access and USB 2.0 support.

What makes your Wii not crash while your friend does is that you have yours connected to the internet. I bet your friend's is not.
December 11, 2010 06:28AM
I'm going to tweak mine now. Hopefully this will fix my SNES crashes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login