Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Should i worry? DOP-Mii trucha fail

Posted by thecrazier 
Should i worry? DOP-Mii trucha fail
November 27, 2010 08:34AM
So its been about a year since i last messed around with my wii, and im trying to update my 4.1 wii's shop channel to download the Netflix channel. I looked around and used DOP-Mii to install IOS 61 and the v20 shop channel but when i try to run it, the channel crashes and it takes me back to Wii Home...

Additionally, one thing i notice, when i go back to DOP-Mii, during applying patches phase, trucha fails (but new trucha doesnt)...should this be cause for concern? i remember needing and restoring it a year ago but i hardly remember...

thanks
Re: Should i worry? DOP-Mii trucha fail
November 27, 2010 08:50AM
I already answered your question about the Shop Channel here.
bg4545
The Shop Channel v20 needs IOS56. Install it with DOP-Mii as well.

WiiBrew does not support patching IOSes with trucha [anymore]. We will not help you with that. You should have no problems with IOSes that don't have trucha.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2010 08:52AM by bg4545.
November 27, 2010 10:58PM
yea i saw, thanks,it just worried me that i saw trucha fail since i know i should have it...

it passed when i fist used DOP-Mii and then it fails so i am just afraid that something went wrong and something might have been changed and maybe functionality will decease

only new trucha fails, what does this mean? i think it is just DOP-Mii tests but maybe i still have trucha because i didnt change anything

thanks for the help

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2010 11:09PM by thecrazier.
November 28, 2010 02:59AM
There is no new trucha and old trucha, but you don't need to have trucha anyways.
November 29, 2010 04:30PM
bg4545
There is no new trucha and old trucha, but you don't need to have trucha anyways.

lol bg, well, actually when you use new versions of DOP-Mii, after loading AW_ABHPROT, it loads some patches to memory. During applying the patches, it gives a message for each patch, such as SUCCESS or FAILED.

Among these patches applied, there are 2 called 'OLD TRUCHA' and 'NEW TRUCHA', for me NEW TRUCHA also fails (and its highly noticeable since it gives the message in red, while other messages are green). I don't either know what they mean by old trucha and new trucha, but it definitely has nothing to do with the IOS you are using, or if it is patched or not, since those patches are applied when you use ABHPROT flag instead of a specific IOS.

What I can tell, is that the 'new trucha' failing does not affect, since I am still able to install/remove any system component via ABHPROT.

Maybe Arikado or Lukegb can bring some light on what they mean by old trucha and new trucha? :)
November 29, 2010 09:58PM
Old trucha and new trucha depends on the IOS being used. Because Ninty obviously changed signature checking when trucha bug was revealed, and therefore tools like dop-Mii that patch trucha bug need to check for the old code and the new code, and patch only one of them (as only one should be present). However, I would have thought that the old patch would have been the one to fail on recent IOS, unless someone made a little slip up in the dop-Mii code. Or maybe your HBC is running on an old revision of an IOS?
November 30, 2010 01:07AM
SifJar
Old trucha and new trucha depends on the IOS being used. Because Ninty obviously changed signature checking when trucha bug was revealed, and therefore tools like dop-Mii that patch trucha bug need to check for the old code and the new code, and patch only one of them (as only one should be present). However, I would have thought that the old patch would have been the one to fail on recent IOS, unless someone made a little slip up in the dop-Mii code. Or maybe your HBC is running on an old revision of an IOS?

No, my HBC its running on the latest version of IOS58, which is also the one used by DOP-Mii when applying patches to memory via AHBPROT.

It's strange we are getting this 'FAILED' message, but as far as I have seen, it does not affect.
November 30, 2010 09:13PM
I guess there is a mistake in dop-Mii where the two patches are named wrongly =/

EDIT: A look at the source makes it seem that the patches are named correctly. At least, they're the same way round as they were in PatchMii. So now I'm pretty confused. Unless IOS58 actually has the trucha bug, the first patch should fail and the second should succeed...Perhaps Arikado will come and shed some light on the matter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2010 09:19PM by SifJar.
December 01, 2010 05:35AM
well when i first ran it everything passed; it was only after i updated my channels and ios needed for wiishop that it happened...

i dont even remember why i needed it, i think it was when i installed something but it was a while back, i just didnt want it to affect anything on my wii because it kicks ass right now
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login