Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sonic & Knuckles + Sonic the Hedgehog ROM won't work on Genplus GX

Posted by scoobydude51 
Sonic & Knuckles + Sonic the Hedgehog ROM won't work on Genplus GX
December 23, 2010 11:10PM
i can't seem to run the Sonic & Knuckles + Sonic the Hedgehog ROM because all it says (in a loop) "No Way". i tried making the Sonic and Knuckles ROM to sk.bin, then i tried Sonic & Knuckles + Sonic the Hedgehog ROM as sk.bin too and it still didn't work! i also looked on the source page on it and i looked on the .pdf file and i still didn't get it! i have tried everything!! please anybody tell me, what i am doing wrong?
Re: Sonic & Knuckles + Sonic the Hedgehog ROM won't work on Genplus GX
December 24, 2010 08:57AM
I still haven't gotten around to reading the Manual (so terribly sorry ekeeke), so my information might be inaccurate. From the looks of it, your using a ROM that was modified to include both the "Sonic & Knuckles" and "Sonic the Hedgehog" ROMs merged together... right? I haven't personally tried this one out on Genesis Plus, but what I did find out was that it also wasn't working in any of my PC emulators.

Download KegaFusion or Gens for PC and load your ROM from there. If it works fine there, I'd have to do a bit more research on the subject. If it doesn't, then you're most likely stuck with a faulty ROM, and you'd have to find a different source to try again. At any rate, I never tried looking for said ROM elsewhere because I quickly lost interest.
December 25, 2010 08:40AM
Nothing happens when S&K is locked on with Sonic 1; except for that "No Way!" loop, which is a message that appears on every game, aside from Sonic 2/3, that's locked on to S&K. Push A, B, and C simultaneously in the "No Way!" screen to play minigames, though.

I have the actual S&K cartridge, along with the other Sonic games; so I know.
December 25, 2010 10:42AM
Good to know. I never looked further into the subject, heh. Thanks for sharing that information with us.
December 28, 2010 12:50AM
Yes, NickyP is right. The only difference when running S&K+Sonic1 is that you can actually choose the bonus stage you want to try. With any other games (meaning, besides Sonic 2 or Sonic 3), you will get a fixed random bonus stage after the "no way" screen...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2010 12:52AM by ekeeke.
March 25, 2011 10:40PM
you would not believe this! i finally got it working! you have to press the A, B, and C buttons (emulated controls) all at once! now i can play it!

(i read it in my friend's strategy guide!)
October 06, 2012 02:06AM
THanks for the tip but now it will just let me play on the special stage. That is so wierd. PLEASE HELP MEH!!!!!
October 06, 2012 03:33PM
it´s not "weird", it's what is supposed to happen... did you understood the previous answers given in this thread ?

that´said, from reading OP last comment, i am realizing he didn't even read the answers to his question and needed 3 months to figure the exact same thing from a "strategy" guide lol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login