Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MPlayerCE and WiiMC no longer streaming over SMB

Posted by viper157 
MPlayerCE and WiiMC no longer streaming over SMB
January 08, 2011 10:05PM
Ok this is driving me crazy.

Had my Wii 4.2U setup with Homebrew and MPlayerCE (can't remember exactly which version). Used to stream audio and video from an XP box with issues. Work great ever since installing HBC.

Performed the safe Wii shop channel update (http://gwht.wikidot.com/wii-shop) via method Dop-Mii. Updated IOS 56 and 61 per the instructions. I then updated MPlayerCE and installed WiiMC. Even since then if I try to stream audio or video via SMB to either program they both lag so bad I can only see a few seconds of video before it stops to buffer.

WiiMC plays youtube video's just fine. Netflix works great and any other transmission to the Wii is at normal speeds. Verified that SMB share is good by transferring files to and from other systems.

I have tried to install IOS202 with no improvement. I have tried several different version of MPlayerCE (.62 - .80) with the same results.

I have tried using HBC to IOS61 as well as IOS58. I have tried several different versions of IOS61, IOS57 and IOS57.

Either program plays audio and video files perfectly from USB storage.

Does anyone have an idea what might be going on? Why does it affect only SMB shares and why does it affect 2 different programs? Did I mess something up when I updated the Wii shop channel?

Everything else on the Wii is working great.

Thanks in advance.
Re: MPlayerCE and WiiMC no longer streaming over SMB
January 10, 2011 05:36PM
viper157
Ok this is driving me crazy.

Had my Wii 4.2U setup with Homebrew and MPlayerCE (can't remember exactly which version). Used to stream audio and video from an XP box with issues. Work great ever since installing HBC.

Performed the safe Wii shop channel update (http://gwht.wikidot.com/wii-shop) via method Dop-Mii. Updated IOS 56 and 61 per the instructions. I then updated MPlayerCE and installed WiiMC. Even since then if I try to stream audio or video via SMB to either program they both lag so bad I can only see a few seconds of video before it stops to buffer.

WiiMC plays youtube video's just fine. Netflix works great and any other transmission to the Wii is at normal speeds. Verified that SMB share is good by transferring files to and from other systems.

I have tried to install IOS202 with no improvement. I have tried several different version of MPlayerCE (.62 - .80) with the same results.

I have tried using HBC to IOS61 as well as IOS58. I have tried several different versions of IOS61, IOS57 and IOS57.

Either program plays audio and video files perfectly from USB storage.

Does anyone have an idea what might be going on? Why does it affect only SMB shares and why does it affect 2 different programs? Did I mess something up when I updated the Wii shop channel?

Everything else on the Wii is working great.

Thanks in advance.

I THINK it might be because you updated the Homebrew Channel. Try installing 1.0.7. If that doesn't work, try checking what IOS MPlayerCE and WiiMC use, and try changing it.
Re: MPlayerCE and WiiMC no longer streaming over SMB
January 24, 2011 04:29PM
I can tell you from personal exp. that downloading and installing a different version doesn't help. I tried several but none that work. I haven't been able to properly stream anything over the smb since wiimc 1.1 I think it was. I bought a ext. hdd and use that instead. If you do get it up and running, That would be great and replying here with what you did would help not only myself but others who may have this prob. also. Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login