Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

just an emulator "?" not about ROMS.!

Posted by gplock 
just an emulator "?" not about ROMS.!
January 09, 2011 02:44AM
well i did a search n ran threw a few pages on here. hope this is the correct place 2 put
my "?" if not. MODS please move 2 the correct forum.... now to my "?" i have 2 emumlators
a NES & GENESIS they r workin. i just wanted 2 kno how or send me to the link that can help me on how 2 put each icon on the wii start menu.... so that my girl doesnt have 2 call me every time her n her friends wanna play old school games. at the moment its not hard. homebrew. then which ever she wants 2 play. then the game.! (i placed the roms in the correct place no need to search threw thr SD,however she still calls) im just lookin for an icon on the front that will take her there n 2 the roms... thanks for reading and thanks for the time. (kinda like the homebrew icon or weather icon)
Re: just an emulator "?" not about ROMS.!
January 09, 2011 03:29AM
Try this app.
It will allow you to create a custom channel, that you can launch from the wii system menu. Also, next time use better grammer. It was painful to read your post.
January 09, 2011 03:38AM
well i took a look @ it but directions were not to try inless im an expert. which im not.
so i wont. looking for something without so much risk. thank you for your help and time. sorry for the grammer on the cell phone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2011 03:49AM by gplock.
January 09, 2011 04:36AM
don't worrie, it is fine as long as you only change these fields:
source: pick static base
title: pick a title for the channel
options: don't change anything here, except the DOL section. just hit the browse button, and find the .dol for the emulator.
banner: use the replace button to choose an image to use as the main banner, it will automatically be streched to fit
icon: same as banner
don't touch any options after that.
If you do this you'll be safe, also I think this is the only Wiibrew.org approved way to make custom channels. Don't worry, I have made a couple channels like this, it is perfectly safe.

P.S. If you are really worried, install priiloader, then if something goes wrong you can boot to the HBC and fix it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2011 04:37AM by g_man.
January 09, 2011 01:06PM
Installing custom channels is never without risks. That tool is by far the safest method of creating a custom channel.
January 10, 2011 12:56AM
Thanks. i downloaded it but just didnt like the feel of it. when i went to title it wouldnt let me pick any thing DOL wouldnt "browse" just dont like it too Buggy and risky. I apprecatite the time and help. However if you dont like the spot dont Dig. and i dont want any trouble. im stuck with her non stop calling :o/ thanks guys.
January 10, 2011 07:14PM
can some1 else do it and email it to me so i can just copy and paste on the SD? (would something like that work) is the question.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2011 07:39PM by gplock.
January 10, 2011 07:44PM
No you can't just copy and paste to the SD card, it'd be a WAD you'd need to install with a tool not available or supported by WiiBrew (you're on your own there)
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.