Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WiiMC has become practically useless after the last update fom the homebrew browser.

Posted by shnazzyone 
I mean WC wasn't perfect to begin with but after the last update now it is crashing on many videos and playing other at either high speed or slow with muddled audio. WTH happened?!?!?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2011 05:57AM by shnazzyone.
Re: WiiMC has become practically useless after the last update fom the homebrew browser.
April 03, 2011 07:50PM
This kind of feedback is practically useless to me.
Not only useless, but also exceptionally offensive. 1.1.5 has worked fantastically for me. And considering the wii's limited resources, WiiMC is perfect.
I'm actually quite astonished by it's vast improvement. Just upgraded from 1.0.6, and now I'm able to play a couple of videos that would've crashed me before. Thank you for your hard work Tantric.

As for shnazzyone... instead of starting these vague and otherwise pointless threads, why not do some research? Do take note, that there several formats the WiiMC doesn't handle due to the console's own specs. A comprehensive (perhaps somewhat outdated) list of supported formats can be found here: [www.wiimc.org]

If any of your videos is within the unaccepted range denoted in that list, there's nothing much to do but to find a way to convert it to a different format/resolution, or download it from a different source with a compatible format/resolution.

On the other hand, worth to note is that if your Wii is not connected to the internet, you're alot more likely to experience crashes due to the infamous "/no_reload_ios" string, found in your meta.xml file in the same folder as WiiMC's boot.dol file. Just pop meta.xml in Notepad, delete the string, save and you'll be good to go. This will solve the most frequent and unexplained crashes.

I hope I helped.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2011 02:21AM by Magil.
For one reson or another a wide variety of my media is playing completely messed up. Where can i locate more info to pass along to you? The media is playing from my usb 2 drive. I have removed the info and reobtained it from homebrew channel more then a few times. With no improvement.
shnazzyone
For one reson or another a wide variety of my media is playing completely messed up. Where can i locate more info to pass along to you? The media is playing from my usb 2 drive. I have removed the info and reobtained it from homebrew channel more then a few times. With no improvement.

I'm sorry, but I didn't understand what you meant. Would you mind carefully rewording what you tried to say? I don't know what information you're trying to locate/remove/pass on to me. Within the provided link, there's also another link leading to a software that can give you information on any media file (needs to be installed in Windows, and scanning files within Windows as well).

If you're still having trouble, might I suggest switching to an earlier version of WiiMC that you know worked with you?
Re: WiiMC has become practically useless after the last update fom the homebrew browser.
April 22, 2011 02:31PM
You need to post the following info from your files:

File type
Video Codec
Audio Codec
Video Resolution
Bitrate

Maybe a few other things too. Anything you can get about the specific files, using this : [mediainfo.sourceforge.net] (this is the link from the thread linked above)
files that give me problems

Format: DivX 3.11, 512 × 384, Millions
MPEG Layer 3, Stereo, 48.000 kHz

Datarate : 1394.81 kbits/s

Files begin buffering every 2 minutes until crash

Format:Generic MPEG-4, 714 × 476 (635 × 476), Millions
MPEG Layer 3, Stereo, 48.000 kHz

Datarate: 1662.21 kbits/s

video either plays at half speed video with double speed audio or crashes wiimc
April 22, 2011 04:37PM
The second video you describe seems to fall under point 2. from the above link I believe.
Format avi
Video format mpeg 4 visual
Format profile: Simple L3
Codec ID xvid
718x486
Progressive scan

Audio Format: Mpeg audio v 1
Profile layer 3
Bit Rate: 160 kb/sec
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login