Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mp3+g karaoke

Posted by kmercury 
Mp3+g karaoke
April 05, 2011 04:58PM
Mp3+g karaoke player.

I have downloaded this software from the homebrew channel. I have copied my mp3+g files to a DVD disc. Once I load the mp3+g program and choose the option to play my files from a DVD, nothing loads up. Can anyone help with some easy instructions.

Thanks
Re: Mp3+g karaoke
April 06, 2011 04:05PM
How old is your wii? It might not support reading DVDs
April 06, 2011 04:50PM
Hi,

My Wii is quite old and plays back-up games using the DVD drive.
April 06, 2011 04:58PM
The instructions say "Requires DVDx disc in ISO9660/Joliet" but I am not sure what this means.
Requires DVDx disc in ISO9660/Joliet
April 06, 2011 07:31PM
I have downloaded the Mp3+G karaoke player for the Wii.

I have used the same DVD discs that I play my games on, TDK DVD-R, used ImgBurn to burn folder to disc. I have set the settings to ISO9660/Joliet.
I then load the Disc through the Mp3+G player using the DVD option, but nothing shows up.
When the instructions say requires DVDx disc, what does DVDx mean.

Any info on how to get my mp3+g files workng would be great.

Thanks
Re: Requires DVDx disc in ISO9660/Joliet
April 06, 2011 09:06PM
DVDx is depreciated. However, this application has not been updated to use the newer AHBPROT. Maybe someone will help.
April 07, 2011 01:26AM
You didn't need to make a new topic. The app doesn't read DVDs using current methods so it won't work. Also, don't mention "backup" games again.
April 07, 2011 09:39AM
I'm kinda surprised by the way you've been treating this guy.

Granted, he should've made less posts by saying all he needed in 1 or 2 concise posts or editing when he needed updating... but all you've done so far has been delegating the responsibility to help him to other people, all while making vague posts and unnecessarily scolding him for mentioning he used backups, when it was only to answer a different person's question regarding if his Wii was old enough to read burned DVDs.

In all honest opinion, and with all due respect, these posts are no better than the kind made by new people towards 2 year old dead threads. I'm sorry if this has offended any one of you, but it's been bothering me since this is certainly not the first case I've seen this happening.

Anyways, back to topic. DVDX was a title used by many apps years ago to have access to DVD. Since the release of sysmenu version 4.3, support for it has been officially dropped in favor of AHBPROT, and thus is no longer included in newer releases of the hackmii installer.
I'm not sure if 4.3 has blacklisted DVDX or not, but if you still haven't updated to 4.3, simply run hackmii installer 1.0.6 and install DVDX from there. If you're already on 4.3, you should try installing DVDX anyways and post feedback.

Unfortunately, with every new HBC version release, they remove the previous version from the official site so you don't "accidentally" download and use that one, so you'll have to look for the installer elsewhere if you didn't save it in your computer. I'd link you, but I'm browsing the web on my Wii, and damn it but I can't copy and paste links, so...
April 07, 2011 12:10PM
I placed my new topic with a different title because I wasn't getting the answers I needed using my 1st post.
Thanks Magil for what you posted.

I have also downloaded FS Browser on my Wii, when I use this with my mp3+g disc, it will read all the files on the disc and plays the mp3 files. So my drive must be working OK. Its just that the mp3+g player won't play or even show these files.
It must be that this software is out of date. Does anyone know how to update the software to play on my Wii.
The writer of the prgram is kriogeN, but doesn't leave any info to contact them.
April 07, 2011 09:05PM
Magil
I'm kinda surprised by the way you've been treating this guy.

Granted, he should've made less posts by saying all he needed in 1 or 2 concise posts or editing when he needed updating... but all you've done so far has been delegating the responsibility to help him to other people, all while making vague posts and unnecessarily scolding him for mentioning he used backups, when it was only to answer a different person's question regarding if his Wii was old enough to read burned DVDs.

In all honest opinion, and with all due respect, these posts are no better than the kind made by new people towards 2 year old dead threads. I'm sorry if this has offended any one of you, but it's been bothering me since this is certainly not the first case I've seen this happening.
I was telling him that he did not need to make a new topic about the same problem, simply add on to the existing topic... And yes I admit my post was pretty vague but I can't always be at my computer and sometimes I can't give my full attention, so that's why. I was using my iPod touch and I don't like typing long in depth posts; plus, it was already answered why the app isn't working.

@kmercury
Yes, the app is out of date and it may not be updated. I haven't checked if the source is available but if not then it probably can't be done.
April 08, 2011 03:01PM
OK thanks for letting me know. Please let me know if it ever changes or gets updated.
Thanks again
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login