Wii64 problem
April 21, 2011 05:17AM
Look, I know it's still a beta, but there are some issues that need to be fixed soon. Not trying to force anything on you, and this might just be my wii or a lack of memory or something, but in MANY games I load, such as the mario party series, the screen continually flashes black whenever anything moves, and other games such as Yoshi's Story and Paper Mario just black out and freeze altogether. I'd really like to see this fixed if it's not just my wii being bitchy and glitchy, and it would be EXTREMELY appreciated.
Re: Wii64 problem
April 21, 2011 05:25AM
Oh, and the sound keeps glitching out sometimes too.
April 21, 2011 04:47PM
You already solved the issue yourself when you said the "B" word.....Oh and memory aint a issue, as the devs know they can get expansion pack games running on Wii. Gamecube you probably wont see doing that. Just wait. Aint solving nothing here by stating what everyone else is experiencing, and what the devs know as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2011 04:50PM by nightwishfan1.
April 21, 2011 06:20PM
It must be your Wii cause those games you mentioned work totally fine on my n64. I guess they have not released a version for your system yet OR you maybe playing a beta.
April 22, 2011 08:07AM
owen
It must be your Wii cause those games you mentioned work totally fine on my n64. I guess they have not released a version for your system yet OR you maybe playing a beta.

I somewhat doubt that I downloaded betas of every N64 rom I own. Thanks for the info though, both of you!
April 29, 2011 03:04PM
owen

N64, and Wii are two different systems. Of course the games will run on a machine they were meant to run on. You said they run fine on your N64 dont forget. Wii is a whole other matter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2011 07:04AM by nightwishfan1.
May 12, 2011 12:31AM
USSPython
Look, I know it's still a beta, but there are some issues that need to be fixed soon. Not trying to force anything on you, and this might just be my wii or a lack of memory or something, but in MANY games I load, such as the mario party series, the screen continually flashes black whenever anything moves, and other games such as Yoshi's Story and Paper Mario just black out and freeze altogether. I'd really like to see this fixed if it's not just my wii being bitchy and glitchy, and it would be EXTREMELY appreciated.

I feel ya mack :( Unfortunately all of those games have known issues under Wii64 and won't work. Cube64 might be less buggy though but I don't know that for sure as I can't run it on my gc. The only way to really fix that is to use a rom injector, but those are mega-league illegal and will almost certainly brick your wii, or if you have PC ports on your tv you could just run project 64 on the tv like I do for all the games that won't work under the emulator.
May 12, 2011 12:44AM
technoman
The only way to really fix that is to use a rom injector, but those are mega-league illegal and will almost certainly brick your wii...
That wouldn't work either, besides the fact that it's dangerous.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2011 12:45AM by bg4545.
May 12, 2011 12:49AM
So just run pj64 on the tv then.
July 13, 2011 09:25PM
I know I could get banned for talking about this but couldn't you get WADs to get them to work? I saw something about that on youtube.
July 13, 2011 11:25PM
Triger
I know I could get banned for talking about this but couldn't you get WADs to get them to work? I saw something about that on youtube.
That's what ROM injecting is. As it was stated above that won't work. Don't talk about game WADs anymore. (If you knew it was against the rules why'd you still post it?)
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.