Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

VBA GX - Error while trying to make a save state?

Posted by Blues98 
VBA GX - Error while trying to make a save state?
July 04, 2011 04:17AM
Well I was using VBA GX and I was trying to make a save state and it gave me errors such as "could not create file" or something like that. I'm a bit confused and not sure how to fix this?
Re: VBA GX - Error while trying to make a save state?
July 05, 2011 08:25AM
1. Look on the root of the SD card and find the 'vbagx' folder. Look inside, you should see two folders, 'roms' and 'saves', with those exact names.
If the save folder is a different name, then rename it appropriately.
2. If that's not the problem, then put your SD card in your Wii, then load the emulator up. Click 'Settings' then 'Saving & Loading'. Then check if the 'Save Folder' is set to 'vbagx/saves/'.
3. Make sure that when you are saving, your SD card is in the Wii.
July 05, 2011 10:58AM
Also make sure the write-protect switch is not on on the SD card.
July 06, 2011 05:39PM
genandnic
1. Look on the root of the SD card and find the 'vbagx' folder. Look inside, you should see two folders, 'roms' and 'saves', with those exact names.
If the save folder is a different name, then rename it appropriately.
2. If that's not the problem, then put your SD card in your Wii, then load the emulator up. Click 'Settings' then 'Saving & Loading'. Then check if the 'Save Folder' is set to 'vbagx/saves/'.
3. Make sure that when you are saving, your SD card is in the Wii.

Ah, I understand what your saying and I'm about to try that. So is the vbagx stuff all supposed to be on the root of the SD card? Because this whole time it was in my apps folder.
July 07, 2011 03:03AM
No shouldn't be on the root of the sd card. If you are running it through HBC then it should be in the apps folder, it should look like this, look on your sd card there should be a folder called apps,open it then there should be a folder called vbagx, open it inside that folder should be two more folders roms and saves.
July 09, 2011 06:32AM
No, there are two folders. One folder is in the 'apps' folder, it contains the HBC icon, the XML file, and the boot file, and the other folder is on the root of the SD card called 'vbagx' where ROMs and saves stored in two different folders.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2011 06:35AM by genandnic.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login