Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dosbox keyboard issue

Posted by gaboalonso 
Dosbox keyboard issue
August 11, 2011 04:43AM
Hello.
I'm trying to run dosbox in my 4.3u softmodded wii. So I load it and I'm welcomed to the famous z:\> prompt.

The problem is that usb keyboard won't work. I've tried with three different non-wireless keyboards (Dell/Alaska/Genius) with no luck. (Yes, i've tried waiting for the driver to load seconds minutes & hours).

Months ago I used to install all kind of stuff to my wii, so probably I broke USB keyboard support somehow?
Maybe I am missing an ISO?

All help is appreciated! All I want to do is play prince of persia 2: the shadow and the flame, on my WII :(

Thanks.
-Gabriel
Re: Dosbox keyboard issue
August 11, 2011 09:54AM
Have you tried plugging them in after dosbox has started?
August 11, 2011 02:16PM
Have you tried plugging to the other usb port? could be possible you have a problem in your usb port.
By other hand I have read there are some incompatible keyboards you could try with other.
August 11, 2011 05:14PM
tueidj
Have you tried plugging them in after dosbox has started?

Tried that several times with no luck :(
August 11, 2011 05:16PM
wilco2009
Have you tried plugging to the other usb port? could be possible you have a problem in your usb port.
By other hand I have read there are some incompatible keyboards you could try with other.

Changed ports several times as well with no luck. I've already tried with 3 different keyboards (One of the is the standard Dell which is confirmed to work (read that somewhere on this forum)). Besides I don't have a fourth keyboard around to test :(

I really think this is a problem either with the latest version of Dosbox, or has something to do with my particular softmod.
August 11, 2011 09:02PM
Do you have anything else plugged in besides the USB keyboard?
That might be the problem, try unplugging everything off and leaving just the keyboard on.
Cheers
August 12, 2011 01:39AM
mugre1975
Do you have anything else plugged in besides the USB keyboard?
That might be the problem, try unplugging everything off and leaving just the keyboard on.
Cheers

No, it's the only device plugged :(
August 12, 2011 02:05AM
The latest version works fine with two of my keyboards plus a keyboard+mouse wireless combo. If the wii recognizes them, all three LEDs should flash shortly after plugging them in.
SOLVED!
August 12, 2011 04:25AM
Well, I just installed (or reinstalled?) IOS 58 and reinstalled HBC and that did it!

Thanks to everyone for their tips.

-Gabriel.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login