Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ncard causes DSI Error

Posted by technoman 
Ncard causes DSI Error
October 23, 2011 12:31AM
Ok so I signed up for an account on messageboardchampion.com and got the Ncard client. After filling out the login information it crashed the Wii. No matter how many times I try and redo it, it still crashed. Please help.
Re: Ncard causes DSI Error
November 08, 2011 05:45PM
74 views and no help! C'mon guys. I need to try and get this working for something.
November 08, 2011 07:20PM
Complain to them. Clearly there is a problem with their software. Seeing as I don't believe the devs of that software are active on this forum, posting here will do no good.
November 10, 2011 10:37AM
I'm one of the devs but I've just seen this. It's caused by the server taking too long to respond, which it seems to do a lot. However, minus_273, whose project this really was maintains all the server stuff and is no longer working on it. The source is available so someone might get it working if they can fix the network code to wait a bit longer instead of crashing. Unfortunately I don't know very much about network code (we just used Bushing's http.c and tweaked it a bit).

In short, it's broken and unless someone else fixes it, it will stay broken.
November 10, 2011 03:27PM
Is there an older and more stable version I can use?
November 10, 2011 07:06PM
No, older versions were working fine, but for some reason the server started responding slower so they all crash now 90% of the time.
December 19, 2011 10:20PM
Is it as easy as editing one line in the code to wait longer? I might be able to sift through the code and edit the value.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login