Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Adventure with Savegame Manager

Posted by cdogg30 
Adventure with Savegame Manager
November 11, 2011 03:00AM
Hey there everyone, I've got a bit of a problem with savegames that you guys might be able to help me out with. There's a bit of a story to this, so here we go. A couple of weeks ago I was setting up my Wii for the first time in several weeks, and when I turned it on it complained that the system files were corrupted. Since it might have only been a matter of time before the Wii wouldn't even boot, I found Savegame Manager (not GX) and used it to back up every savegame from my Wii to the SD card. I didn't know there was a GX at the time and I really wish I did. Fast forward through a really dumb thing I did and a Nintendo repair job and I now have a working Wii. The problem is that I'm having a lot of trouble restoring my old saves. Savegame Manager GX doesn't properly recognize the backups I made earlier and the regular Savegame Manager always returns an error 1 whenever I try to mount the SD card even though I do have saves on the Wii. I noticed Savegame Manager GX makes an index.sgmgx file for every save it backs up, so I used Notepad in Windows and created an index.sgmgx for each my backups and while Savegame Manager GX now recognizes my saves, it fails to restore any of them.

Sorry for the long read, I wanted to put as much info as I can on the issue here to save time. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: I should also mention that I made a NAND backup right before I did the dumb thing that bricked my Wii. Dunno if that helps, but there it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2011 03:02AM by cdogg30.
Re: Adventure with Savegame Manager
November 11, 2011 04:05AM
If I remember correctly that error could be caused by not having a working IOS249, however that would only explain why Savegame Manager doesn't work and not why the GX one doesn't.
I'm not sure how to solve your problem unfortunately.
Re: Adventure with Savegame Manager
November 11, 2011 05:42AM
Fixed! For anyone who might somehow have the same weird situation I did, install a different version of cIOS249. Savegame Manager (not GX) now mounts my SD card just fine and I'm back in business. I think I might have installed a much newer revision before that the old Savegame Manager didn't recognize. Thanks bg4545, your post gave me the idea to try an earlier revision. For the record GX always worked fine with its own backups, it just didn't recognize the older program's backups.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2011 07:37AM by bg4545.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login