Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

genesis emulator problems with new release???

Posted by rush6432 
genesis emulator problems with new release???
January 04, 2009 08:52PM
Just updated my copy of the new gens emulator via the hb channel and now i cannot get any video on screen after loading the game... sound is there but no video. if i hit the home button then go back to the game by pressing 1 i see for a split second a portion of the game then it goes away again..,,,,, i just had this issue with my previous version too.

i havn't changed ANY of the video settings at all prior to any of this happening. infact ive never messed with the video settings at all.

so im not sure whats going on here. anyone having the same problem??
Re: genesis emulator problems with new release???
January 05, 2009 10:49AM
settings are generally reseted upon version changes

what is your Wii configuration (video mode , video cables) and region (PAL/NTSC) ?

you should try to modify the video settings in the emulator menu: try several combinations of the Rendering (ORIGINAL,INTERLACED,PROGRESSIVE) and the TV Mode (50hz, 60hz, 50/60hz) options and see if that helps...
January 06, 2009 03:19AM
well..... i DID just recently put the video cables through my cable box so thats probably part of the reason.... ill get back to ya and let ya know...
January 06, 2009 11:14PM
I know what happened. I had this exact same problem. It was happening for my Super mario brothers 3 channel (through virtual console). For some reason, my cable box was not taking the video signal only when playing certain emulators. I plugged it back in to the TV directly and it works. I'm sure this will work for you.

It's just kind of annoying to have to switch. Does anyone know exactly why this is?
January 07, 2009 08:38AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2009 08:50AM by alhamrick.
January 07, 2009 02:32PM

Does anyone know exactly why this is?

this probably means your "cable box" (what is this exactly ?) does not support original rendering modes (240p) that the emulator uses by default... this outputs a specific video signal (double-strike, non-interlaced) that some TV configuration & video cables fail to handle properly (reason why old VC title had issues for some people)

using INTERLACED (480i) or PROGRESSIVE (480p) render instead should fix it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login