Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Basis 2d animator

Posted by achild 
Basis 2d animator
July 12, 2013 08:04PM
Hey guys! I am really grateful for this community and how easy it was to get into Wii homebrew.

We just finished the 1st stage of a tool called Basis built for 2d skeletal animation, sprite animation, and eventually even building dynamic fully animated levels. It is completely free, but we decided to start a kickstarter to be able to continue developing it at the rate which we have been going lately. We really don't have much choice.

Here is the link.

What's this have to do with wiibrew? Well, after having such pleasant experiences building homebrew gameboy games when I was younger, I always wanted to do something on the Wii. A few nights ago, I thought how cool it would be to have Basis animations play natively, and very simply on the Wii as well! We are very busy, so I gave myself a 2 day limit before saying "forget it". Within a few hours, it was done! I was surprised.

I think the hardest part was finding documentation on GX, until I finally found it... in a very obvious place haha. Combined with the wii examples with devkitpro, it was pretty easy.

As Basis evolves and grows, we will continue to keep the libogc reference implementation up to date. We hope to see it used to make awesome Wii homebrew games! Please check it out, and spread the word. Thanks :)

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2013 08:11PM by achild.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login