Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Supersonic Wii Video Preview!

Posted by AerialX 
Supersonic Wii Video Preview!
January 14, 2009 06:22PM
Well, I've been working on this since forever ago, I figured I'd release a video for the upcoming release. Enjoy!

[ca.youtube.com]
Re: Supersonic Wii Video Preview!
January 14, 2009 09:00PM
Thats very impressive. Is that ship a 3D model and the other objects 2D?
January 14, 2009 09:54PM
Nice, are you the guy that made AmplituDS? Your youtube name looks very similar. That looks awesome, and I was really impressed with the DS version too.
January 14, 2009 10:05PM
Arikado
Hm? Everything there is 3D except for the HUD (score display and such).

iofthestorm
Nice, are you the guy that made AmplituDS? Your youtube name looks very similar. That looks awesome, and I was really impressed with the DS version too.
No, although that Youtube name is indeed the name that Dark Knight ez (AmplituDS' creator) wanted me to name the game :P
I did base a lot of the game from AmplituDS (although my version is a rewrite from scratch), as that's the whole reason why I remade it for the Wii (I love that game).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2009 10:09PM by AerialX.
January 14, 2009 11:44PM
oh, I am so glad you were able to make a video, I've been so busy with this new semester starting, I was feeling bad about it...
January 15, 2009 04:58PM
Nice! I love Amplitude so much, this is great.
You know the way Midi's have different tracks (like for each instrument)? Maybe you could have it let you use your own Midi's, using the first, say, 3 tracks of the Midi?
I don't know if it could work like that the way you've coded it, but either way, good work! :)
January 15, 2009 05:46PM
AerialX
Arikado
I was just wondering becauseI've seen a lot of impressive games lately that fake players into thinking everything is 3D when really most of it is 2D. Anyways, the 3D you do have is very impressive. Did you use an existing library to help get the 3D up and running or did you code a library/engine yourself just for this project?
January 15, 2009 05:53PM
martinstatic
Nice! I love Amplitude so much, this is great.
You know the way Midi's have different tracks (like for each instrument)? Maybe you could have it let you use your own Midi's, using the first, say, 3 tracks of the Midi?
I don't know if it could work like that the way you've coded it, but either way, good work! :)
It uses .IT files at the moment, and the tracks need to be manually charted. Getting the game to do it by itself just isn't good enough :P
(It's been tried... And really doesn't work)

Arikado
AerialX
Arikado
I was just wondering becauseI've seen a lot of impressive games lately that fake players into thinking everything is 3D when really most of it is 2D. Anyways, the 3D you do have is very impressive. Did you use an existing library to help get the 3D up and running or did you code a library/engine yourself just for this project?
I just use plain ol' GX in libogc, learned by experimenting (I've never done anything 3D before). The interface uses a hacked version of libwiisprite that lets me draw 2D stuff over the 3D scene.
January 19, 2009 09:13AM
Wow, that's really impressive. I haven't done anything in 3D either and I don't think I would be able to do something so impressive looking on my first try. Nice job.
January 19, 2009 05:45PM
Ohh, nice.

Pingback: [www.nbrew.nl]
Pingback: [ndss.nl]
January 20, 2009 06:25PM
January 20, 2009 07:10PM
just downloaded it and tried it out, was pretty good and fun. but wen i went to quit, it never went anywhere, jsut a black screen, dunno wat happened here, ill try it again and see though. good job, its pretty sik. it reminds me of a thing my friend showed me called audiosurf. [www.youtube.com] it b cool if there was a wii port of audiosurf.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2009 07:14PM by drchink.
January 20, 2009 09:04PM
drchink
just downloaded it and tried it out, was pretty good and fun. but wen i went to quit, it never went anywhere, jsut a black screen, dunno wat happened here, ill try it again and see though.
It... does that sometimes >.>
A first release can't always be perfect :P

good job, its pretty sik. it reminds me of a thing my friend showed me called audiosurf. [www.youtube.com] it b cool if there was a wii port of audiosurf.
Mm, I've played Audiosurf. Fun game (but annoying to keep track of colours IMO). I'd also love a Wii port. I was almost thinking about doing it, but I don't know anything about how it analyzes audio.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login