Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

no sound after loading snapshot in vbagx 1.0.7

Posted by Died2Well 
no sound after loading snapshot in vbagx 1.0.7
February 01, 2009 10:59PM
It happens every now and then, when i load a snapshot the sound does not play anymore. I try with a different game, but the only solution is to return to hbc and load vba again. If i load the same snapshot, the sound dies again.

Its no big deal, i just start from a saved game and make a new snapshot, but this time it's going to be a pain in the ass since i glitched into the four sword palace (in alttp) and it's going to be a looong way to get where i was.

since the problem is (i think) in the snapshot, is there a way to edit it to fix the sound problem? thanks.
Re: no sound after loading snapshot in vbagx 1.0.7
February 02, 2009 03:51AM
Snapshots from older VBA's (eg: 1.0.2) don't work anymore. Don't remember when they were invalidated. You can try a save file, or try loading the snapshot on VBA-M, and seeing if you can resave it there. Then try it again on the Wii. Good luck!
February 02, 2009 06:48AM
thanks for the advise!, i'll try loading a snapshot on vba-m next time I get this problem and post the results.
February 02, 2009 07:19PM
I have downloaded vba-m build 781, and, on the wii, tried to reproduce the error and succeded the first time (yay?). Apparently this happens when i save the snapshot in a screenchange or screen scrolling.
Anyway, i had no trouble loading the savefile into vba.m for the pc, but for the snapshot, it said that it was an unsupported version.

btw, sorry for my english.

@Tantric: I don't mind this problem at all, but do you know what causes this bug? and also, thanks for your program! it's one of my favourites.
February 02, 2009 10:48PM
It's not a "bug". The format just changed, that's all, and I didn't write something to "convert" to the new format.
February 02, 2009 11:50PM
I think there is a misunderstanding, i'm sorry if i didn't make myself clear.
the problem i'm talking about it's entirely about the wii version of vba, that sometimes when i save and load a snapshot of a game, the sound crashes, and to fix it, i have to return to hbc and load vba again. Loading the same snapshot will cause the sound to crash again. Reseting the game or loading it again won't work.

I know that when loading the snapshot on a different version (pc) is not a bug, i'm not that dumb, the bug i was refering to was the problem explained early. My question was targeting the problem explained in the first part of this post, What causes it?.

sorry for the misunderstanding.
February 04, 2009 12:55AM
I had a different problem now, after i loaded a spapshot the screen was scrambled and the game was frozen, and the savefile of the game showed up as empty. The game was TloZ minish cap, and i took a snapshot on a dialog cutscene.

I know i have no hope for my savefile, i just wanted you to know.
February 05, 2009 11:14PM
The same thing happens to me with Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. I can save a snapshot, but in order to load it, I must reload the game. For awhile I was getting by by loading the SRAM after saving the snapshot, but before loading it. It is a bit of a pain, so does anyone have a link to v 1.0.4?

About the save file not showing up: if you are talking about the SRAM, try repeatedly loading it. If you are talking about the snapshot, reload the rom(At least this works for me).

I also thank you deeply for this emulator; it is what I use my Wii for most of the time(excluding using the internet).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2009 11:20PM by Tudor.
February 06, 2009 06:02AM
@Tudor:
I was talking about the snapshot, it got corrupted plus deleting the SRAM, but thank god your solution worked!
I was playing that zelda game for a week only to find my savegame erased! thanks man!. About 1.0.4,it's in vba-wii, it's the same link you will find on the project's page on wiibrew,select "all downloads" and click search, but i'll stick to 1.0.7 if i were you, a lot of bugs were corrected, plus the loading time is much faster now.

it would be cool if we could know what situations in the game cause this faulty snapshots so we could avoid them, for example, in the minish cap, saving a snapshot while the screen is scrolling causes the sound to crash, while saving a snapshot inside the treasure chest game will glitch out heavy,other than that, i had no problems. It'd be nice if people with the same problem start posting, just an idea...

btw, again, sorry for my english, go easy on me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login