Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Starfall problem

Posted by Jigen 
Starfall problem
February 10, 2009 08:26AM
Just recently downgraded from 3.3 to 3.2. Preloader hasn't gotten region free working so decided to try Starfall. Problem is at the screen saying press B+2 to continue fails to progress. I can hit home to back out, but no matter what I am unable to continue. Any idea what could be causing this problem and how to fix it?
Re: Starfall problem
February 10, 2009 09:08AM
Read the disclaimer.
February 10, 2009 03:21PM
if you read the disclaimer, then you will see it says to do B +1...

but if you hit B + 2 first then it won't let you do it the right way until you reset the app...
February 11, 2009 07:31AM
Edit: Reinstalled 3.2U, got Starfall to run. However installing the region free hacks fails to actually make anything region free.

Region free hacks in preloader also fail to deliver

I had previously 3.3 installed, and had run Wii Shop and IOS51 installer, if this might be causing any problems...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2009 09:25AM by Jigen.
February 11, 2009 04:26PM
Maybe there's some type of an IOS left from 3.3 preventing you from making stuff region free?

Was it 3.3v1 or 3.3v2?
February 11, 2009 07:51PM
Isn't there an issue with installing starfall after installing preloader? Preloader moves/renames the files that starfall needs to edit...
February 12, 2009 12:51AM
No idea if 3.3 was v1 or v2. All it said was 3.3, so I'd assume v1.
About Preloader moving files, preloader doesn't make it region free either. And I've reinstalled 3.2, which gets rid of preloader in the process, and then installing just Starfall, and it still fails to work right.

My guess would be the IOS being left over. There has to be a way to remove/fix that IOS somehow...

Installing 3.2 again I noticed "Identifying as SU...Error! ES_Identify (ret = -1017)" after loading IOS 255. Not sure what that means, but the install continues and finishes just fine

Menu loader patches my wii fine, but only temporarily. The program shows the address it patches, but the screen clears far too fast for me to read. Tough the address it patches, if it patched temporarily, would these be the same for a perm patch? I assume not...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2009 06:21AM by Jigen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login